Vcyclenut zx10 header/full exhaust
Pair valve delete
Tial blow off valve
Zx10 revalved steering damper
1/2” bar risers
- Boost Engaged
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Jun 28th, 2018
- Location: UT
- Bike(s): H2 SX SE, R1M, Diavel, K1600, R6
- x 15
- x 9
- 14.7 psi
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Mar 29th, 2019
- Location: Southern AZ
- Bike(s): ZX10R, Concours, Other odd stuff...
- x 8
- x 22
I should have the fork tube mounts in my hand sometime this week or next. It'll take me a couple days after that to get a good solution and figure out which style of fork clamp is best, and then I'll order about a dozen clamps and make as many adapters. I'll start looking for anodizing quotes while I'm at it, but expect that to add a week or two to the lead time... unless you'd prefer the parts raw. I have a local source for powdercoat that I could turn around real quick if ya'll don't mind that over anodizing? Parts end up a little thicker, but it shouldn't hurt the function at all.
All in all it looks like mid May to get someone a raw/powdercoated set, and end May/early June for anodized sets. I do have a race to attend 17 May - 21 May, so that'll put me a couple days behind as well. That cool with everyone involved?
EDIT: All OEM hardware (including the center damper mount) comes out to 50 bucks on each unit. Do keep in mind that Kawi uses a security Torx bit for both mounts on the damper, so make sure you have one of those in your tool box. Fork tube mounts are just shy of 20... so it's looking like I can keep this whole mount kit under 120 bucks or so (for raw finished) by the time shipping is done whippin' my hind quarters.... everyone still on board? for folks that want black I can put all the orders together at once to knock the price down.... if I can get at least half a dozen sets it should only be 10-20 bucks extra with any luck.
- Medium Boost
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Jul 16th, 2018
- Location: Northeast US
- Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000
- x 57
- x 101
Edit: After a rethink, powder coat might be better -- whatever works for everyone else works for me.
Spazonazx wrote: ↑Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:38 pmHey ya'll, nice place you have here.
I'm the fellow trying to put this together with Cooter... hope he doesn't mid if I chime in to update on the process.
As much as I like my solid/billet brackets, I believe I can make this work with the OEM H2 steering damper bracket, an off the shelf universal fork clamp, and a bespoke machined adapter for said fork clamp: this will keep the cost extremely reasonable for a small production run. I went ahead and ordered a few different varieties of clamps and the OEM mounts to test it all out, but I have a couple questions for those who are interested:
1) Would ya'll prefer OEM H2/Kawasaki hardware, or generic stainless bolts? OEM hardware costs a bit more, but some folks prefer that with special bikes.
2) This is made for a linear damper, and I planned on using a genuine Ohlins unit. The going price for those new is about 395$... probably close to 3 times the cost of the mounting hardware itself. It would be possible to design it using the OEM ZX10R damper, but as was pointed out those are pretty worthless as an active damper without a service & re-valve. At that point you'd likely be over 200$+ into a used damper of unknown origin.... which would ya'll prefer? The mount kit maaaaay allow for the use of either damper interchangeably, but I won't know that for a few more weeks still. There are other linear dampers available as well, but I would like to make these for an agreed upon brand, as the fit is extremely tight and probably won't allow for changes in brand or style. Thoughts?
3) Bracket finish: raw/machined finishes and lightly polished are free and easy, but I can get them powdercoated or anodized... it's just a cost thing yet again. If everyone could agree on the same color/finish and I could do a dozen or so brackets it wouldn't impact the price much (maybe 10 bucks or so), but one off powdercoating pieces usually has a minimum charge of about 40 bucks, and anodizing is usually a lot more for a minimum... last time I was quoted for a small batch it was over 100$. What are ya'll looking for in this area?
And to clarify for anyone that cares, I'm not in this for some sort of profit or business.... I just love these bikes and want to help out people in the 2 wheel community as much as I can. After overhead and shipping I'll likely just break even on these, but that's ok by me... it gives me something to do between waiting for land speed bike parts to show up. Please, feel free to ask any question or post any concerns and I'd be glad to try and field them At the end of the day I'm just a guy in a garage making cool shit for people with cool bikes, and I appreciate the opportunity to do so.
1: Any hardware as long as it's quality. Not sure how visible they are but doing black bolts over oem ones on at least the fairing bolts is popular.
2: Ohlins or another new and good brand. Used ones I agree is too much hassle for reservicing and possibly being bunk used.
3: I'd vote simple powder coated gloss black fits most SE's very nicely, otherwise light polish.
Interesting by powdered kit only, i will buy the damper myself
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest