my zx10 header project

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
User avatar
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 555
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 161
x 388

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:51 pm


the exhaust is up for sale on my website

https://www.vcyclenut.com/kawasaki-h2-sx.html
1 x

User avatar
Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 183
Joined: May 16th, 2018
Location: Enon, Ohio
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning
x 46
x 106

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by Zdude » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:35 pm


Am I not reading these charts correctly or is the ZX-10 header full system making about 6 or 7 HP more and 3 or 4 LBs. more torque than the full Vandemon system that was developed specifically for the H2SX?
0 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 555
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 161
x 388

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:26 pm


Zdude wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:35 pm
Am I not reading these charts correctly or is the ZX-10 header full system making about 6 or 7 HP more and 3 or 4 LBs. more torque than the full Vandemon system that was developed specifically for the H2SX?
you are reading it correctly, the weather was better which is why i posted the weather conditions with the run


i am going to do a back to back to runs with this system , the vandemon and the brocks when it comes out


Vandemon tested their system on a fully restricted bike which i feel was a mistake, just becasue a exhuast has the ability to flow more does not mean the bike can use it. I think with similiar air they will make similiar power with slighly better power down low from the zx10 header system


I also THINK this is becasue of the changes to the head and cams that allow the h2sx to have a power advantage to the regulat h2 up till around 10k. I think we will find all of the systems have similiar peak numbers as long as they are able to reach a certain amount of flow.


again this is what i think not what i know
2 x

User avatar
Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 183
Joined: May 16th, 2018
Location: Enon, Ohio
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning
x 46
x 106

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by Zdude » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:47 pm


That is fascinating to me, been riding hot bikes since the 1st Z-1's but no authority on stuff like this. "Back in the day" I don't know how many guys slowed their bikes down putting 4 into 1 headers and smoothbore carbs on their bikes and not getting them tuned right. We used to go out to Interstate 24 out of north Nashville Tennessee at night ( late 70's to late 80's) in groups and do roll-on races, 2 or 3 guys would get out front and take off and the rest of us would run interference following them. Seen guys come out there bragging they put smoothbores or worse CR's and get their asses kicked badly so this new technology is amazing now and not much reason to not be tuned correctly. Pay $25,000 for a bike and $1500 for a pipe, your a fool not to pay someone to tune it properly for you or if you know enough, buy what it takes to do it yourself. Lots easier than pulling plugs and carbs off over and over again to do it the old way. Anyway, thanks for the answer and I'll certainly look forward to your comparison test when everything is available.
1 x

User avatar
THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 182
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2018
Location: London
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE
x 42
x 33

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by THOR » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:32 am


dear Vcyclenut many of us in uk already put slip on's and also got the headers from ebay or other second hand suppliers, will you be willing to sell the mid pipe only ? and that mid pipe could be available in titanium. ? thanks for your good affords !
0 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 555
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 161
x 388

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:05 pm


THOR wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:32 am
dear Vcyclenut many of us in uk already put slip on's and also got the headers from ebay or other second hand suppliers, will you be willing to sell the mid pipe only ? and that mid pipe could be available in titanium. ? thanks for your good affords !
yes I can sell just the midpipe, pm me your address and I can get you a full price with shipping, no I don't have it available in titanium
0 x

User avatar
WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 71
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 Ninja H2
x 42
x 65

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by WR-NA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:29 pm


https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f25/comple ... 52195.html

Found a set of stock 5th gen (2016) ZX-10R headers if you're interested in trying those out :)

They have a better (larger diameter, better design for flow) collector design and slightly longer primaries than the 4th gen. I 'think' the overall ID of the primaries stayed the same though.

Here is a comparison between my stock 2011 header (middle) and stock 2016 header (top)
20160418_193817.jpg
1 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 555
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 161
x 388

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:07 am


WR-NA wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:29 pm
https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f25/comple ... 52195.html

Found a set of stock 5th gen (2016) ZX-10R headers if you're interested in trying those out :)

They have a better (larger diameter, better design for flow) collector design and slightly longer primaries than the 4th gen. I 'think' the overall ID of the primaries stayed the same though.

Here is a comparison between my stock 2011 header (middle) and stock 2016 header (top)

hell yea, thanks Anthony, next time im ordering something from you we can figure it out
0 x

User avatar
Icancin2u2
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 21
Joined: Mar 22nd, 2019
Location: PNW
Bike(s): 2004 Suzuki Marauder
x 13
x 6

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by Icancin2u2 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 pm


@vcyclenut, how quiet is your system? I work nights and don't want to wake the neighborhood when I come home! :no:
0 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 555
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 161
x 388

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 pm


Icancin2u2 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 pm
@vcyclenut, how quiet is your system? I work nights and don't want to wake the neighborhood when I come home! :no:
pretty quite and it has a removable db killer that im riding with it out , with it in it would be very quite for an aftermarket system.
0 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest