intercooler testing done

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
danham
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 SE

Re: intercooler testing done

Post by danham » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Champ87 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:42 pm
danham wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Love Kevin's writing, especially when he reminisces about the old days and the H1s at Arlington (MA) Motorsports. A friend bought a 750 triple from them and had them put on a beefy Barnet clutch and some pipes and riding that bike left me with indelible fear and soiled undies.
If you rode one of those triples now you'd probably wonder what the fuss was about. I have an H1E that I'm rebuilding (slowly). When it's done the only fear will come from the terrible handling, weedy brake(s) and appalling gas mileage. One thing in it's favor - it will remind me how far things have progressed.
I'm sure you are correct, but back in the '70s I was riding a 1974 Honda CB750 K4 with full Vetter fairing, so the H1 felt like an open-rail dragster.

I recall experimenting with cracking the throttle abruptly in top gear at about 90 mph and suddenly seeing the sky as the front wheel lofted.

-dan
1 x

N4speed
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Zx14r,1290sdr,k1600gt

Post by N4speed » Wed May 20, 2020 4:15 pm

I noticed you have mirror block off plates, what are you doing for front turn signals. Iam looking myself.
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Wed May 20, 2020 7:50 pm

N4speed wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:15 pm
I noticed you have mirror block off plates, what are you doing for front turn signals. Iam looking myself.
I don't have any
0 x

Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Wed May 20, 2020 11:55 pm

I'm receiving errors for the http://yagerautowerx.com/ site. Maybe later.

David, the Yager intercooler is air to air?
0 x

\

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu May 21, 2020 11:41 am

he has to be contacted on face book, ill edit that first post

I think it would be considered air to water but maybe you can educate me on the difference
1 x

TurboBob
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by TurboBob » Thu May 21, 2020 1:40 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:41 am
he has to be contacted on face book, ill edit that first post

I think it would be considered air to water but maybe you can educate me on the difference
Some intercoolers just allow air to pass through a large radiator after the turbo which cools the charge. My old Grand National had this type of intercooler. The fast GNs had very large radiator/intercoolers that were mounted in the front before the actual radiator thus the term "front mount" if you saw a GN on the street you knew he was serious! Those were the 10 second and faster cars.
0 x

danham
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 SE

Post by danham » Thu May 21, 2020 1:56 pm

Seems to me that the main advantage of air-to-water is reducing turbo lag. That is not a factor on our bikes, so the simplicity of air-to-air might be the better choice. Here's some info on that...

-dan
1 x

neb50
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX, 2005 CBR1000rr

Post by neb50 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm

It is an air to water setup. I don't think there is enough room to mount a large enough air to air core and to route the tubing on this bike.

The setup from Yager is very well put together and does a great job of keeping the intake temps down. It is also well laid out with only one hose routed where you can see it and the front radiator core if you look for it, otherwise it is routed within the bike almost like it should have been there from the factory.

I have had it for around 6 months with vcyclenut's tune and have been impressed with both. It really wakes this bike up.
1 x

TurboBob
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by TurboBob » Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm

neb50 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm
It is an air to water setup. I don't think there is enough room to mount a large enough air to air core and to route the tubing on this bike.

The setup from Yager is very well put together and does a great job of keeping the intake temps down. It is also well laid out with only one hose routed where you can see it and the front radiator core if you look for it, otherwise it is routed within the bike almost like it should have been there from the factory.

I have had it for around 6 months with vcyclenut's tune and have been impressed with both. It really wakes this bike up.
What kind of iat are you seeing while cruising and wide open?
0 x

Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Fri May 22, 2020 5:57 am

neb50 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:10 pm

neb50,

Would you share more detail about "wakes this bike up"? How'd you compare the bike when the temps are normally 'low', maybe bike without intercooler, -vs- bike with, and at the same 'low' temp? Other observations?

I need to go check out Davids intercooler dyno charts again...
0 x

\

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik