2022 "Kawasaki Spin" App

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): h2sx22 sv650x

Re: 2022 "Kawasaki Spin" App

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:10 am

Good idea, maybe that is why it is not being detected as already installed. I think might already kind of have tested this: I tried in the repacking the google maps under a different package name (genius maps name) and when installing it android store thought I had installed Genius maps, but the spin app still did not detect it as installed. But I will try it without building the app myself.

I got a little further in other areas, managed to decompile some code to java which helped a lot and I found the whitelist api server & key that way. But it doesnt help much now, faking it might be a way to mod the app in future without changing the apk, but I need the whitelist changes to actually do what I want first.

https://markdownpastebin.com/?id=34a35f ... ed8ddcf20e
2 x

sarge
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): '22 H2SX | '07 R1200 RT | 'K 100 RS'

Post by sarge » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:53 pm

Hmm, the Spin App on Android offers updating the App list "Menu (Burger)" > "Information" > "Version" Maybe it's possible to redirect that URL locally and return a modified Whitelist?
0 x

sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:53 pm

yeah thats what I meant thx for pointing out how to trigger it, didnt saw that yet.
I got further with the java code, still a mess but there are enough strings and log statements in there to be able to piece together how all this internal whitelist/applist logic works. Its was just a little more tedious work than I have hoped.
Turns out compatible apps have a special Intent in their android manifest, signaling for the spin app that they work with it additionally to the whitelist.
I think that and maybe some additional tweaks to google maps and other apps we want to run are needed. Good progress so far. Lets just hope there is not to much myspin sdk integration work needed on the third party app. Just having simple next button, confirm, abort and onscreen keyboard support hopefully injects itself somehow :D
1 x

sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:36 pm

Nice, one big step is done.
I can now open whatever app I like via the myspin menu.
Btw I used an older version because in the latest version the whitelist is exclusively loaded via network it seems. It was easier editing it as file instead of changing the url and running a fake server.

To recap, I repacked google maps under different name with myspin main & nav intents, unpacked the spin app, edited the whitelist to point to my modified google maps apps, fixed the whitelist checksum, repacked to apk, signed and voila.

Tomorrow I will take a chair and sit down next to the bike to see what else needs fixing.

Also what other Apps will be usefull? Some speed trap apps maybe, but those already have good headset integration afaik.
Floppy Birds maybe or can it run Doom?
2 x

sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:47 am

Sadly starting the apps via myspin is only half the work, the myspin sdk needs some integration work on the target app side I guess.
When starting a non compatible app the bike only says "waiting for phone".
0 x

sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:36 pm

New idea until I learned more about making random apps work with myspin:
Find apps from other brands that are myspin compatible and allow them in the kawa app.
There is BMW, Suzuki and Ducati using myspin, as well as some cars whose apps might work as well.

This 2018 article claims 46+ apps, anyone knows which apps? https://www.webbikeworld.com/bosch-mysp ... torcycles/
Found cityseeker and eatsleepride mobile from the suzuki app and interesting car myspin apps I will try fuelio and garage pro odb2scanner.

The Suzuki and Ducati myspin launcher apps are very very similar to the kawa one btw, basically the same with different branding on first look.
1 x

sonicAWERfd567tz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by sonicAWERfd567tz » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:20 pm

Ok I can get myspin 2w compatible apps that are not whitelisted by kawasaki working :cool:
For example the cardo app worked great. If anyone is interested in an app available for suzuki, bmw or ducati myspin post it here and I can add it to the whitelist and post a patched app.
I am still working on an approach that does not need the whitelist at all so and making google maps compatible.

Also here is an high level overview of myspin 2w for anyone interested:
2 x

Iain
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): H2 SX SE+(daily) RD 350 LC(still in shipping crate!), ZZR1400(RIP+TREE) ZXR6 (track), R1M (track)

Post by Iain » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:56 pm

sonicAWERfd567tz wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:20 pm
Ok I can get myspin 2w compatible apps that are not whitelisted by kawasaki working :cool:
For example the cardo app worked great. If anyone is interested in an app available for suzuki, bmw or ducati myspin post it here and I can add it to the whitelist and post a patched app.
I am still working on an approach that does not need the whitelist at all so and making google maps compatible.

Also here is an high level overview of myspin 2w for anyone interested:
Sorry I've not been around to help, we've had some major family "losses" recently and my heads all over the place.

But, sounds like you've done all the work! :bow: if I can help in any way ping me a message, it might take me a couple of days to get it though...
2 x

2020 H2 SX SE+ (Mazikeen/Maze)
Vandemon H2R full system
P08 filter
Kawasaki sliders
Home made tail tidy and lights
Fog lights
Driven block off plates

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik