That seat!!!

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Re: That seat!!!

Post by Burmashave » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:13 pm

Reciprocal wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm
...I also have clear Stomp Grips on the sides of the tank for protection and knee grip....
Did you go with the recommended grips?

https://stompgrip.com/street-bike-tank- ... 150-detail
0 x

Reciprocal
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Reciprocal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm

I bought blanks and cut them to fit but happy to see, they are almost if not exactly the size and shape of the ones pictured in the link you sent. :clap:
0 x

hypertourer
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by hypertourer » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Best stock seat ever...but every butt is different.
0 x

PhukDD
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): a green one

Post by PhukDD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:28 am

hypertourer wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:23 pm
Best stock seat ever...but every butt is different.
I suppose it is possible that some butts are harder from a life time of falling on them.
0 x

Bengarzy
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RS

Post by Bengarzy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

black-k1 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:47 pm
I average around 15,000 to 18,000 miles per year with long range commuting and trips to mainland Europe. I do occasional 500+ mile, 12+ hour days in the saddle. I did all this previously on a BMW K1300S (two in the last 7 years) and before that a BMW K1200S, an Aprilia RST1000 Futura and a Honda VTR1000F. I normally wear a made-to-measure 2 piece, full zip, leather suit.

All of the above bikes have been comfortable and even the Honda only needed use of an AirHawk seat cushion if being used for repeated long days.

I can manage about 60 to 90 minutes on the SX SE seat before being very uncomfortable. It's not me, it's not the gear I'm wearing, it's the seat. It's rubbish!
Had aK1300 as well never a problem on 500 mile days, or the 1200 RS, I suspect as the seat foam is a one shot moulding they vary a little, mine and bro in laws SX are VERY hard, they may bed in but as we have a 5k plus trip coming up I couldn’t wait that long......... did 200 miles a couple of days ago.....bliss😂
0 x

Bengarzy
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Bengarzy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Reciprocal wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm
The issue of seat comfort for me went away when I stopped riding it like an upright tourer and went back to the familiar sport bike crouch. The tank tries to put you farther back in the seat, increasing the reach to the bars, putting your butt on the sloped part of the seat and weight on your wrists. But when I move forward, tummy even touching the tank, the reach to the bars is much more sport bike neutral. I can better feel the CG balance point through the balls of my feet on the pegs. My butt ends up where it should be, neutral, able to slide around, torso is balanced against the wind, the pegs, the knees, the tank, along with the seat but less; and not the bars much. I also have clear Stomp Grips on the sides of the tank for protection and knee grip. The feedback from the front and the turn-in is much more immediate and connected. Which brings up one other major improvement, I swapped the stock tall wind screen for the lowered one from the base SX. That was a big confidence boost as well because I felt the tall stock screen pushing on the bike excessively at high speed, cross winds unnerving. This takes away feedback and confidence. Now, it's my upper torso getting pushed on, preferable because I can move around with the wind to keep the bike pointed without affecting feedback, or tuck down fully behind the lower SX screen, with eyes at the proper level, where I can peek above the screen or duck below it for maximum forward drive. I've also postponed for now purchasing the panniers. Although I think they make the SX SE the absolute best looking sport tourer out there, my experience from the 2,000 mile road trip reminded me of the benefit of going minimalist, just a small backpack bungeed to the passenger pillion, far less convenient than the bags of course, but less intrusive to the wind. That along with all weather riding gear that's lightweight, Kevlar reinforced, ventilated, and lined with GoreTex for rain protection. It seems ironic that my desire for the perfect touring sport bike got better when the equation became more of the latter and less of the former.
I would have sat on it backwards if this had helped😂😂😂
Obviously the seat varies from bike to bike, mine was hell
1 x

Bengarzy
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Bengarzy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Prof J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am
Bengarzy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 am
Will do, it’s GOT to be better!
Bengarzy, would you please share what specific model number you used?
Air Hawk Dual Sport, looks the same shape as the H2 seat.
I hollowed out the standard modded foam with an electric carving knife and then angle grinder to smooth out.
That was the MK 1 the MK2 has a little foam put in the front of the foam and then covered with 6 mm of foam, now it’s perfect filled by mouth as hard as you can blow then let it down to suit
0 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Bengarzy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:30 pm
Prof J wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am
Bengarzy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 am
Will do, it’s GOT to be better!
Bengarzy, would you please share what specific model number you used?
Air Hawk Dual Sport, looks the same shape as the H2 seat.
I hollowed out the standard modded foam with an electric carving knife and then angle grinder to smooth out.
That was the MK 1 the MK2 has a little foam put in the front of the foam and then covered with 6 mm of foam, now it’s perfect filled by mouth as hard as you can blow then let it down to suit
Thank you.
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 am

Reciprocal wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm
I bought blanks and cut them to fit but happy to see, they are almost if not exactly the size and shape of the ones pictured in the link you sent. :clap:
Thats what i did with the tankspec snake skin grips. Might redo mine though to make them look cleaner
Attachments
44B7BC47-0D23-4002-9A80-28170E90ADA7.jpeg
0 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
208whp 96tq

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:47 am

Ya know, I don't think the stock seat is exactly the issue. I think each rump has it's own characteristics. in relation to the seat. I think that figuring out how to keep the blood flow 'through' your rump to the legs likely solves the issue.

What gets in the way of figuring that out? Perhaps: 1) how close your particular arteries are in relation to the seat, 2) and the amount of matter (fat and muscle) between the artery and seat. For some a positional change will help, for some modifying the seat form, etc.

It's a pain in the ass, sometimes, to get it just right.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik