Kawasaki H2 SX SE 2018 - 2020 LOWERING REAR SETS FOOTPEGS

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
rmd208
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Re: Kawasaki H2 SX SE 2018 - 2020 LOWERING REAR SETS FOOTPEGS

Post by rmd208 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:27 pm

RealityCheck wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:03 pm
Drnick wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 pm
Just talked to knights design, they said the pegs for the 14R
Are the ones that fit, my reluctance on these pegs
Is they have no rubber cushions, I think the buzz from
The pegs over a long ride would be uncomfortable.
I've got the Knights Design ZX14 pegs on my 2022 H2 SX and feel no buzz whatsoever through the foot pegs.
Depends on your foot position on the pegs for me. There is significant difference in vibrations on the peg whether I have the heel of my foot on it or the front of my foot. I don't think it's terrible either way, but it's definitely noticeable.
0 x

ScottyB
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2SX SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Dark, 2016 BMW S1000XR

Post by ScottyB » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:36 pm

I have the Knight lowering pegs on the front and passenger pegs for my wife as well. I haven't noticed any vibration issues.
0 x

Vcyclenut ECU flash, ZX10 header, Graves ZX10 exhaust, sprint filter, integrated tail light, Powerbronze seat cowl, Sargent seat, Knight pegs, Murph's risers, R&G Rad guards, Woodcraft sliders, Suspension set up by Accelerated Technologies, :)

RealityCheck
Bike(s): 2022 H2 SX

Post by RealityCheck » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:15 pm

RealityCheck wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm
SDH2Mike wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm
Welcome!!
I used my Knight design lowering pegs from my 2011 Kaw. Concours. Other models may work as well, hopefully someone else chimes in. Pull the eclip and pin and use with the new pegs. Levers need to be adjusted lower.
knightdesignllc.com

I have pics of my bike on the forum to see mine
I can verify that the Knight Design 2012 to 2019 ZX14 lowering pegs fit my 2022 H2 SX. The part number I purchased is 141310-1110. Replacing both pegs takes less than 10 minutes. However, there are some things worth noting:
1) As noted about, the brake pedal and shift lever must be lowered. The shifter is very easy - simply rotate it on the shift shaft. The brake pedal is fairly easy as well. Just loosen the lock nut at the bottom of the rear master cylinder and turn the adjustment nut. However, I was not able to get the brake pedal low enough even with the adjuster bottomed out. Also, the adjuster nut is very thin. I had to use an ignition wrench, since a normal wrench was too thick.
2) The way the Knight Designs pegs are machined pushes your feet outward by about 10mm. This doesn't seem like much, but you must twist your feet inward to shift gears or use the rear brake, since your feet are now 10mm displaced from being aligned with the shifter/brake pedal.
3) I have some thoughts in mind to fix #2. It involves making the shifter knob and brake pedal 10mm wider. It shouldn't be a big deal.
4) Lowering the brake pedal further is more problematic. I think that maybe removing the locknut from the rear master cylinder adjuster might do it, but I haven't tried it yet.
To follow up on this: To extend the shifter, I slid some 25mm OD/21MM ID aluminum tubing over the shift rubber and cut it off 15 mm beyond the end of the existing lever. Cheap, simple, and works great, but I will probably weld an extension on to the shift lever as a more permanent solution eventually. On the brake pedal, I was unable to get it low enough without modifying the clevis, so I removed the clevis, extended the threads with a tap, then cut off a quarter inch or so of the threaded portion of the master cylinder plunger and removed the locknut. This provide sufficient movement to lower the brake pedal to a more natural position when the clevis is threaded onto the plunger as far as possible. I also extended the foot pad by 15mm by welding on a piece of aluminum. The controls feel very natural now and easy to access.
Another note on the Knight's pegs. The drop down portion is machined at sharp right angles, which are noticeable and annoying while riding. I ground them off to be more rounded and have been pleased with the results.
0 x

mew
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2SXSE

Post by mew » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:15 pm

I had the same problem with my zzr14, no lowered rear pegs available. In the end bought a front aftermarket set and a mate made some inserts to suit the rear peg bolts on his lathe.
Worth looking in to
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik