For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
wyso
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE Z9000rs ThruxtonRS

Re: 2022

Post by wyso » Mon May 09, 2022 1:24 am

OK. I had a 2020 H2sxse, Now I have a 2022 H2sxse
0 x

atc250r
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by atc250r » Mon May 09, 2022 5:04 pm

Sorry Man, I meant to quote @WR-NA
0 x

atc250r
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by atc250r » Mon May 09, 2022 5:07 pm

WR-NA wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:44 am
I am smitten by it as well after a few weeks of ownership. I also have a 2020 Z H2 and 2019 H2 and can definitely see Kawasaki's strategy here. Now, if they would just finally release a Vulcan H2 I could die happy!

There are MANY things I like, and a FEW I don't but the likes outweighs the dislikes.

Just a heads up too for those interested in bags for the 22 model. They transitioned to interior/laser cut keys. The Kawasaki fiche called for the OLD key system so when my bags came in they couldn't key them. My dealership contacted Kawi got the right parts ordered and a week later I had bags. Just make sure you (or your dealership) is ordering the right and up to date parts.
WR-NA, can you compare the regular H2 to the Z H2 (or SX), in terms of they compare performance wise? Is the H2 much faster, like night and day different? Does it feel much lighter? I already have a BMW K1600 for long distance touring, and I’m looking for a lighter, faster bike for short trips under 200 miles. Probably even under 100 miles.
0 x

LIEU910
14.7 psi
14.7 psi

Post by LIEU910 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:50 am

atc250r wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 5:07 pm
WR-NA wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:44 am
I am smitten by it as well after a few weeks of ownership. I also have a 2020 Z H2 and 2019 H2 and can definitely see Kawasaki's strategy here. Now, if they would just finally release a Vulcan H2 I could die happy!

There are MANY things I like, and a FEW I don't but the likes outweighs the dislikes.

Just a heads up too for those interested in bags for the 22 model. They transitioned to interior/laser cut keys. The Kawasaki fiche called for the OLD key system so when my bags came in they couldn't key them. My dealership contacted Kawi got the right parts ordered and a week later I had bags. Just make sure you (or your dealership) is ordering the right and up to date parts.
WR-NA, can you compare the regular H2 to the Z H2 (or SX), in terms of they compare performance wise? Is the H2 much faster, like night and day different? Does it feel much lighter? I already have a BMW K1600 for long distance touring, and I’m looking for a lighter, faster bike for short trips under 200 miles. Probably even under 100 miles.
Formerly owned a K1600, since have moved to a 21 R1250RT and also just picked up my 22 H2SXSE to serve as my second bike for shorter solo trips. In my opinion, the H2SX fits that role very well for me. Trust me, the H2SX has all the speed you could want and plenty more.
0 x

prettybirdSE
Pressure Critical
Pressure Critical
Bike(s): 2020 Ninja H2SXSE+

Post by prettybirdSE » Tue May 10, 2022 1:40 am

"and I’m looking for a lighter, faster bike for short trips under 200 miles. Probably even under 100 miles'..lol.Get an H2!The OG that started it all.I could have an awesome fun time in 120 miles between fill ups.Just me an the bike.Good times.
0 x

XcelleraThor
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): '22 H2 SX SE

Post by XcelleraThor » Tue May 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Coming from a '18 H2SXSE that I have piloted the last four years and having covered 36k kms during that time (restrictions due to the big C unfortunately put a dent in my "mileage"), I picked up my new '22 H2SXSE last friday. Exciting!

The most pressing question for me was, could a great motorcycle be made even better?!

I have had a couple of motorcycles in my life so far, but never have I covered SO many kilometers SO relaxed in SUCH a short time as on my '18! Simply a great bike for commuting and travelling!

The answer as of now to the above question in short is a big YES!

I got the new bike for three main reasons:

-electronic suspension
-Showa's skyhook technology
-adaptive cruise control

Since I am transitioning my Garmin Zumo 595 navigation system (along with it's support for spotify on my iPhone and BT connection to the intercom in my helmet) from the '18 H2SXSE to the new H2SXSE, I didn't mind all the drawbacks regarding the software integration I learned about after accessing the electronically available the user manual around march. Our new member sarge describes them so excellently in his post!
sarge wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:07 pm
The problem is that you have to connect your smartphone by opening the app and leaving it open. Locking your screen means no satnav on your bike.
As I am still breaking her in, the electronic suspension is probably not going to be pushed to any limits. Setting it to rider with load, or rider with load and passanger makes the bike emit clicking and whirring noises along with a slight change of distance between rear fender and wheel :-) Can't tell you any more right now.

What I did instantly feel, was that upon braking, the bike's front did not dip down as much as my '18. I have no objective measure for it, its just the feeling. I provoked it a couple of times during the last four days I am owning her and it seems to be so. That must be the skyhook thing kicking in. Hopefully Kawasaki didn't involve SkyNet or the T8000 in this technology :-)

Well, I was already able to put the ACC to test on the Autobahn's right lane behind trucks (hahaha) and it proved very promising for the left lane, that I used to own on my former H2SXSE! Boys, having to break in a new H2SXSE after having owned a "matured" one, is probably like forcing a crack addict to smoke cigarettes to get high!
sarge wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:07 pm
The radar system is great and it works flawlessly. Both the front one for ACC is easy to use and super smooth and the blind spot monitoring never failed, but I could live without it. It's still nice, the little triangles in the mirrors are super special to motorbikes as of now. But I do not rely on them, I use it just for info but still turn my head.
But I do want to address some of sarge's cons:

Kawasaki interestingly did change the layout of the inner "cockpit". I actually noticed this when taking a closer look at my new bike in the garage last friday evening. The new bike has a covering in the cockpit, that is probably supposed to shade the really large TFT screen. Anyone really larger than me, would not be able to see the shifting lights. I bet that sucks...

But "booting" a motorcycle in such a way is some experience! Had never imagined that in 1982, when I first turned the key sitting on my trusty Honda CB250N!

The hardbags on the H2SXSE look like they look for a reason. Form follows function. My wife has aluminium koffers from SW-Motech (that's what I call them and they are great quality) on her BMW GS700F, but they are heavy (net weight) and have no aerodynamics. What for?! They are intended for a bike you ride thru the Sahara. So she can't go past 130km/h, otherwise the bike becomes insanely instable on the Autobahn.

With moderately loaded hardbags on the '18 H2SXSE I could exceed 270 km/h with only the front becoming a little light, because they are streamlined and neatly positioned behind the rider.
They do have a somewhat aquard shape, but they are well capable of accomodating a laptop even larger than 14". This is my 15" Dell Precision 7540 in a protective casing in a well closeable hardcase.
IMG_1092.JPG
You would put some folded clothing for the office below and on the top of the laptop stowed away like that.

I went for a different approach and got the SW-Motech's Jetpack for the passengers seat. My laptop, office clothing and shoes all nicely go in there and so no need for the hardbags on a daily commute.
IMG_1093.JPG
My new H2SXSE came with inner softbags to the hardbags and I am still thinking of not using them. They simply use up to much space and I am used to carring the fully packed hard bags up to the hotel room. I'm glad the empty hardbags are so light weight, as they allow more payload.

Edit: added Images :-)
Last edited by XcelleraThor on Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

CB250N (long gone) --- XJ600 (unforgotten) --- CBR600F4 (honorably discharged) --- '18 H2SXSE (GatewayDrug) --- '22 H2SXSE (NewQueen)

prettybirdSE
Pressure Critical
Pressure Critical
Bike(s): 2020 Ninja H2SXSE+

Post by prettybirdSE » Tue May 10, 2022 8:38 pm

Great review.My 2020SE+ does dive a bit on excessive braking.Nothing like the 14's I had.I mean I could feel a definite improvement overall with my SE+.Then I fine tuned it with the app.It's VERY steady now when braking hard.Cornering as well.Mine doesn't bounce around or wallow any doing curves at speed.I noticed this affect immediately on my first set of woodland open curves.

Happy ya like yer spaceship...enjoy! :cheer:
0 x

sarge
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): '22 H2SX | '07 R1200 RT | 'K 100 RS'

Post by sarge » Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 am

Okay, so I got my H2SX back from the dealer, just had its first inspection done. They told me why it went to limp mode on that rainy day. The front radar sensor was giving implausible values and because it is a safety related issue the CEL was on until the error was deleted. No one was able to reproduce the error and it's gone since it was deleted.

They've said that a touring bike is supposed to work 100% in the wet and sent the issue to Kawasaki for further investigation. Right now the bike works 100% and I've been told to return when it happens again.

New tech, new problems I guess.
1 x

Vex
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Fri May 13, 2022 3:08 pm

There will be updates. It'll get better. Always does.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE
Brock's Penta Exhaust
Block Off Plates
DNA Filter
Stage 2 SC
Tuned by 2WDW
S1 Dyno: 242whp/106ftlbs
S2 Dyno: TBD

Mikepeavler
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2022H2SX SE 2022 BMW S10000RR M

Post by Mikepeavler » Tue May 17, 2022 1:06 am

So I’ve got a 2022 SE and my buddy has one as well. Only 150 came to USA so feel,grateful I got one. First 300 down ….

Quick shifter sucks
It’s our luck that my rear don’t read….neither of his does. You would think for a top-tier bike that they were testing stuff before selling it to consumers. Fortunately I’m a technician at a Kawasaki dealership so I will break down the wheels and put a new sensors to see if that fixes the problem. The new 315 MHz sensors are not cheap so be careful that you don’t damage them

Power so far seems ok …not rev past 6000 yet but it should be decent. No comparison to a 50 lb lighter zH2 in terms of performance . They’re faster simply due to weight …. Let’s hope we get a flash too . Both our bikes are 50,state bikes …. Downer but we can rip that garbage off. The engine is same ….at least we got that lucky.

Mike
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik