riding postion H2 se plus verses 1000sx

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
cbudge

riding postion H2 se plus verses 1000sx

Post by cbudge » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:31 pm

Is there a big difference in the riding position of a 2021 H2 se plus and the 2021 ninja 1000 sx. I am purchasing my wife a new 1000sx she coming off of the ninja 650. I am considering the new H2 se plus, coming off a KTM superduke 1290 GT. The KTM has more of a relaxed upright riding position than the H2 . I think I need an H2 because of the power but I'm considering 2 1000 sx's instead. Cant decide anyone have an opinion on which way to go. I have rode fast bikes for years but I am 67 years old and concerned about the comfort on long rides of the H2 .
0 x

DeRox
Low Boost
Low Boost

Re: riding postion H2 se plus verses 1000sx

Post by DeRox » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:41 pm

I've had the z1000sx (ninja 1000 for some), well actually 2 of them, and the riding position is almost the same as on the h2sx. The latter might be a little bit more sportier, but not by much. I'm 59 now and for me the comfort of the h2sx is fine. But that is of course very, very personal.
And you do indeed need the H2SX for the power, after a while the z1000sx became boring for me :)
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE

Racer-X
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Racer-X » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 am

Sitting on both bikes I felt the Z1000SX had a much more upright riding position than the H2SX. The Z is plenty powerful but coming from a Super Duke it will feel dull. I went from a ZX12R to a Triumph Sprint and it was a great bike but I always missed that rip your arms out horsepower the 12 had. It got traded on a H2SX SE as soon as it came out and I'm back in horsepower heaven :D

If the H2 riding position is a little too aggressive a set of bar risers will soften it up a bit.
0 x

Miamijato
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2019 Ninja H2 SXSE+

Post by Miamijato » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 am

Love that 2021 Versys 1000 se, thinking bout getting it for my stable......
Last edited by Miamijato on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

ValkryieX
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 1997 Valkryie - 2014 Ninja 1000

Post by ValkryieX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Like others here I've owned both -- Of course now I still have the H2SXSE and traded in my 1000SX -- Here are my thoughts.

1. Riding position is pretty much the same. Like someone mentioned earlier it comes down to personal preference. I would say though that the foot pegs seem higher on the H2. Not by much but a little.

2. The new 1000SX has all the same rider aids electronically to the H2SX (minus suspension) and I think they have done a great job updating the look.

3. Power ---- Well the H2SX has enough power to make you question your own sanity as you wheelie doing over 200km/h .... The 1000sx doesn't have that but I would certainly not say it is lacking power either. It is lighter then the H2 so it makes slow speed handling a little easier for an older fella and certainly just moving it around in the garage.

I think there is only one question that you need to ask yourself. Do you have the available $$$$ to spend on the H2SX. Because really the H2 is just out right a better bike. Do I regret my upgrade to it? Hell No! Best bike I've ever owned. But I still enjoyed the 1000sx just fine (minus the terrible seat).
0 x

CiscoKid
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 20 H2 SX SE/96 ZX1100D/2000ZX-9R

Post by CiscoKid » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm

ValkryieX wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:43 pm
Like others here I've owned both -- Of course now I still have the H2SXSE and traded in my 1000SX -- Here are my thoughts.

1. Riding position is pretty much the same. Like someone mentioned earlier it comes down to personal preference. I would say though that the foot pegs seem higher on the H2. Not by much but a little.

2. The new 1000SX has all the same rider aids electronically to the H2SX (minus suspension) and I think they have done a great job updating the look.

3. Power ---- Well the H2SX has enough power to make you question your own sanity as you wheelie doing over 200km/h .... The 1000sx doesn't have that but I would certainly not say it is lacking power either. It is lighter then the H2 so it makes slow speed handling a little easier for an older fella and certainly just moving it around in the garage.

I think there is only one question that you need to ask yourself. Do you have the available $$$$ to spend on the H2SX. Because really the H2 is just out right a better bike. Do I regret my upgrade to it? Hell No! Best bike I've ever owned. But I still enjoyed the 1000sx just fine (minus the terrible seat).
I was strongly looking at the 1000SX but the power would be pretty much on par to my 2000 ZX-9R w a slip on and planned jet kit, however the 9R is substantially less. I decided to move up to the H2 SX SE because imho it just looks alot better and I was not a fan of the only digital dash on the 1000SX as much as I preferred the analog tach and screen on the H2 SX SE. I have a 96 ZX11 being modedd over the winter and the 9R, come spring one has to go , currently leaning to selling the 9R only because the ZX11 is the choice for 2 up and I even think my wife would be more comfortable on it w a Corbin Gunfighter and backrest vs the SX SE w no backrest. Both of these relics are cherry and run real well, BUT if I can get the price I want for each I would sell both to simplify:) Glad you are enjoying your H2. I am very happy w mine and today it comes off the road for the winter ....
Last edited by CiscoKid on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

dehaile
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): H2SX SE +

Post by dehaile » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm

CiscoKid wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm
ValkryieX wrote:

I was strongly looking at the 1000SX but the power was pretty much on par to my 2000 ZX-9R w a slip on and jet kit, however the 9R is substantially less. I decided to move up to the H2 SX SE because imho it just looks alot better and I was not a fan of the only digital dash on the 1000SX as much as I preferred the analog tach and screen on the H2 SX SE. I have a 96 ZX11 being modedd over the winter and the 9R, come spring one has to go , currently leaning to selling the 9R only because the ZX11 is the choice for 2 up and I even think my wife would be more comfortable on it w a Corbin Gunfighter and backrest vs the SX SE w no backrest. Both of these relics are cherry and run real well, BUT if I can get the price I want for each I would sell both to simplify:) Glad you are enjoying your H2. I am very happy w mine and today it comes off the road for the winter ....

If you are wanting to sell your 9R and are in the U.S. please message me
0 x

CiscoKid
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 20 H2 SX SE/96 ZX1100D/2000ZX-9R

Post by CiscoKid » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:51 pm

dehaile wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm
CiscoKid wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:49 pm
ValkryieX wrote:

I was strongly looking at the 1000SX but the power was pretty much on par to my 2000 ZX-9R w a slip on and jet kit, however the 9R is substantially less. I decided to move up to the H2 SX SE because imho it just looks alot better and I was not a fan of the only digital dash on the 1000SX as much as I preferred the analog tach and screen on the H2 SX SE. I have a 96 ZX11 being modedd over the winter and the 9R, come spring one has to go , currently leaning to selling the 9R only because the ZX11 is the choice for 2 up and I even think my wife would be more comfortable on it w a Corbin Gunfighter and backrest vs the SX SE w no backrest. Both of these relics are cherry and run real well, BUT if I can get the price I want for each I would sell both to simplify:) Glad you are enjoying your H2. I am very happy w mine and today it comes off the road for the winter ....

If you are wanting to sell your 9R and are in the U.S. please message me
messaged you back but not in US , diagonally across from you in PAC NW Canada
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik