Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
User avatar
Vex
Accelerating
Accelerating
Posts: 267
Joined: Sep 8th, 2019
Location: Seattle
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125
x 144
x 86

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by Vex » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:33 am


Heh. Yea. I'm absolutely sure. The SX SE seat is a dream in comparison to my old bike. I probably will get a sergent at some point, but I'm mostly just curious about the hype.
0 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

User avatar
Raddy47
Accelerating
Accelerating
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 10th, 2019
x 51
x 36

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by Raddy47 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:54 am


firstime911 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:59 am
Hi, i've sold my GSA 16 for an year and now i'm having super tenere 1200, its almost a year and i getting bored of it already, itsis a good bike but is same as my previous GSA. I'm going to get K16 GA waitng for delivery and already custom's R ninet in my garage .
I'm interest to get H2SX se to replace the super tenere. I'm 6ft (181cm) weight 19x lbs inseam 32. I only ride weekend trip and most of the time is about 1500 miles per trip. I ride solo with fully loaded side pannier most of time.

So to the point, anyone had an adventure bike switched to H2, I'm not sure selling super tenere and get H2sx se will make me regret later or not? my concern mostly about the ergonomic, back pain, sore butt, wrist.

Thank you
Sore butt for sure. After about 1,500 miles seat breaks in a bit. For me though, not enough. Still weighing my options. Just did a 14hr ride from Texas to Missouri and back in same day. Last 3 hours were grueling going both ways. Like every 3min change your seating position kind of pain. I will say that meant times I think about the other bike that was my runner up.. the 2019 KTM 1290 super duke GT. Sits up right like an adventure bike.

You can get different bars and adjust rearsets but for the money I wouldn’t do that. You’d have to already love it and then justify the extra money to turn it into more touring.

My back does not hurt at all and wrist get a little numb after long excersions. Neck some times gets that slow cramp feeling but I’m 6’2” so I deal with a lot of wind.

Hope this helps.
1 x

User avatar
Fitz
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 55
Joined: Sep 21st, 2018
x 2
x 10

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by Fitz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:35 am


Got the sargent seat. Improves things but still kinda pain in my ass bones after >1 hour. (guess I need a thicker ass)

Havn't tried it on the H2, but as slithery/unsettling it is at first, a airhawk type air bag seat cover was a miracle when I rode a ninja 400 8+ hours home from another state.
0 x

User avatar
SDH2Mike
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 20th, 2019
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2013 Tuono, 2003Tuono, 2010 Sachs Madass
x 9
x 41

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by SDH2Mike » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 pm


An alternative to seat cushions, I find that Moto-Skiveez work very well for comfort on long rides. Also purpose made riding pants are a great benefit as well. I use both on longer rides.
0 x

User avatar
wellcraft
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 163
Joined: Apr 20th, 2019
Location: US
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS
x 46

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by wellcraft » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am


SDH2Mike wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 pm
An alternative to seat cushions, I find that Moto-Skiveez work very well for comfort on long rides. Also purpose made riding pants are a great benefit as well. I use both on longer rides.
Its amazing what works for some and the same product doesn't work for others. I tried Moto-Skiveez and they didn't do anything for me, after a couple hours I was squirming around on the seat like I do without the Skiveezs. I have a AirHawk seat pad and its marginal at best, i bought a Corbin seat and so far it's working pretty good.
0 x

User avatar
SDH2Mike
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 105
Joined: Sep 20th, 2019
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2013 Tuono, 2003Tuono, 2010 Sachs Madass
x 9
x 41

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by SDH2Mike » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 am


wellcraft wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am
SDH2Mike wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 pm
An alternative to seat cushions, I find that Moto-Skiveez work very well for comfort on long rides. Also purpose made riding pants are a great benefit as well. I use both on longer rides.
Its amazing what works for some and the same product doesn't work for others. I tried Moto-Skiveez and they didn't do anything for me, after a couple hours I was squirming around on the seat like I do without the Skiveezs. I have a AirHawk seat pad and its marginal at best, i bought a Corbin seat and so far it's working pretty good.
True on the what works for some doesn’t for others! We’re all built differently. Can you post a pic of the Corbin? Good to know they also made a seat for the H2 SX as well. I’m pretty happy with my Sargent seat but for as many years I’ve been riding aiding comfort makes it way more enjoyable.
I hope people start using the SX photo gallery in fast and far, I started that thread so members can see options for the SX.
0 x

User avatar
wellcraft
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 163
Joined: Apr 20th, 2019
Location: US
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS
x 46

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by wellcraft » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 pm


SDH2Mike wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 am
wellcraft wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am
SDH2Mike wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:30 pm
An alternative to seat cushions, I find that Moto-Skiveez work very well for comfort on long rides. Also purpose made riding pants are a great benefit as well. I use both on longer rides.
Its amazing what works for some and the same product doesn't work for others. I tried Moto-Skiveez and they didn't do anything for me, after a couple hours I was squirming around on the seat like I do without the Skiveezs. I have a AirHawk seat pad and its marginal at best, i bought a Corbin seat and so far it's working pretty good.
True on the what works for some doesn’t for others! We’re all built differently. Can you post a pic of the Corbin? Good to know they also made a seat for the H2 SX as well. I’m pretty happy with my Sargent seat but for as many years I’ve been riding aiding comfort makes it way more enjoyable.
I hope people start using the SX photo gallery in fast and far, I started that thread so members can see options for the SX.
Sorry I should have made it clear the Corbin is for my BMW R1250 GSA
0 x

User avatar
unknownbiker
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 32
Joined: Apr 2nd, 2020
Location: Canada East
Bike(s): H2 SX
x 29
x 6

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by unknownbiker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:35 am


I am seriously thinking of removing the seat cover & shaving the sponge, & maybe putting gel seat material in there. Likely be cheaper than buying a whole new seat. Any thoughts on gel pieces?
G/f doesnt seem to know the difference though....
Attachments
trac h2.jpg
trac h2.jpg (46.43 KiB) Viewed 91 times
0 x

Jesus Saves.

User avatar
wellcraft
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 163
Joined: Apr 20th, 2019
Location: US
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS
x 46

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by wellcraft » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 am


I bought a gel pad from Revzilla for my BMW and it worked well for several rides until the gel memorized my butt imprint and after that it was just like sitting on the stock seat which got uncomfortable after a 100 miles or so. This particular gel pad also retained heat so don't leave it in direct sunlight on a hot day.

Theres really no substitute for a custom seat and even then not all of them work for everyone.
0 x

User avatar
unknownbiker
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 32
Joined: Apr 2nd, 2020
Location: Canada East
Bike(s): H2 SX
x 29
x 6

Re: Comfort in long distance journey compare to ADV bike

Post by unknownbiker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:35 pm


I also thought of removing the cover & shaving some of the hard sponge, then maybe putting softer sponge in there instead, only in certain spots though. Might need to sit on the seat wet & see where the wet marks are, so i can build up the lower part.
0 x

Jesus Saves.

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests