Tech section?

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Vex
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Re: Tech section?

Post by Vex » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 am

Could put it in on a trial basis, then prune it if it doesn't appear to be useful. To be fair, the Polls section doesn't have much going on and probably could be pruned as well.

Having said that, I'd post in Tech because it would be expected of me based on the questions I might ask, but I'd be just as fine posting in M&M.
1 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:04 pm

I’m just going by what other forums have on there website
I understand what admin. Is trying to convey, there just might be not enough “Gearheads” on this site, that actually like to “tinker” with there toys😜!
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Champ87
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Drnick wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:04 pm
....there just might be not enough “Gearheads” on this site, that actually like to “tinker” with there toys😜!
Not just gearheads, but a low membership generally. Current number is 670 - I'd guess less than half of those don't visit the forum on a regular basis. I like the techy side of it but seems like a fair point that H2SXadmin made.
0 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm

But what has it really got do to with traffic? I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around a 'numbers' thing.

Numbers wise, it would likely keep, or maintain the same overall forum traffic that has been 'historic', lets' say, as now, the difference between, for example, 100 users, this is not a true users 'count' of the Mods and Maint sub-forum, but example 100 users going to Mods and Maint, and with a Tech section, with some of those 100 users specifically utilizing a Tech section from time to time, still maintains the same over all 'user base' numbers, while providing a specific place in the 'library' for those folks to meet.

A specific place in the 'library' would be excellent.

If it is about numbers then why not cull a, or cull a few low visited topic sections, such as Scratch Pad or the Watercooler, where the traffic seems 'low' and not visited or rarely visited? I'd surmise a Tech section would have more traffic than the Watercooler or Scratch Pad.

Is the forum limited to a specific number of sub forums?

As far as I know, this forum is the 'place' to come for H2SX discussion. Yes there is an other or are several other forums, but the traffic at those sites, is, well, very low.

I'd hope we'd not need to crank out such a 'discussion'/debate, about an interest and 'justification' for a 'Tech' sub-forum to meet the interests of 'Tech' heads.

I'd hope to keep this forum the 'place' to come for all H2SX folks.
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Is the H2SX not a performance motorcycle? How many motorcycles have a gear driven turbo? Just look at all the other forums, KTM,Z1000, Hayabusa, ZX14R, etc. they all have
Tech sections....but will a tech section have more traffic?
I know I’d be visiting that sub-section often! ...but then again,
It’s all up to the administration.
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik