Extended warranty

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Vex
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Re: Extended warranty

Post by Vex » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 am

For aftermarket warranties, I have never regretted getting one on a car (mostly BMW or Mercedes here). Every single one has paid for itself (some within the first visit).

Having said that, I have no intention of getting one for my SxSe. Every Kawi I have owned has been solid and I feel this bike will continue that trend. I also plan on modifying it with pipes, tunes, already have the damper on, etc. so I may not be eligible anyways.
0 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): sx1000

Post by keith zx » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm

do you actually know what the warranty covers ??? I also have the extra warranty I negotiated when I bought the bike . before I bought the bike i asked Kawasaki what is covered by the warranty ?? i never ever got what i thought was a satisfactory answer ,i asked for example if my bike was fully serviced and say for example the gearbox seized or the supercharger blew , would the warranty cover it ?? all they would say was it would have to be taken to a dealer and they would look at it !!! doesn't give me much confidence . has anyone on here had a warranty claim and been successful i think it is just the luck of the drawer, i have spoke to Kawasaki a couple of times and found them to be arrogant . just my opinion.
0 x

wellcraft
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS

Post by wellcraft » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm

keith zx wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:19 pm
do you actually know what the warranty covers ??? I also have the extra warranty I negotiated when I bought the bike . before I bought the bike i asked Kawasaki what is covered by the warranty ?? i never ever got what i thought was a satisfactory answer ,i asked for example if my bike was fully serviced and say for example the gearbox seized or the supercharger blew , would the warranty cover it ?? all they would say was it would have to be taken to a dealer and they would look at it !!! doesn't give me much confidence . has anyone on here had a warranty claim and been successful i think it is just the luck of the drawer, i have spoke to Kawasaki a couple of times and found them to be arrogant . just my opinion.
I'm not a fan of extended warranties but I wouldn't purchase one unless I could first read the contract that clearly spelled out exactly what the warranty does or does not cover. Extended warranties are pure profit centers for the dealership, if you purchase it there, and the warranty company. The warranty company doesn't exist to do you any favors and they are betting that nothing goes wrong with the vast majority of bikes they cover which means they reap a handsome profit. Some extended warranty companies are better than others with some paying out promptly and others fighting tooth and nail to deny any claim. Buddy of mine had a extended warranty on his Suzuki C50 and when the crank failed it took several months to get the extended warranty company to approve the repairs.
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:31 am

I am talking about the actual Kawasaki warranty , you get with your bike and the extra two year top you can get from Kawasaki , when I asked about what was covered they were very vague !!! seems to me they will check the bike after a claim and see if they will warrant it after the event . ( may just be me but the impression I get is , if they can find a way out the will ) I had no luck whatsoever with the mysterious mark that appeared on my tank .were others had tank replacements ??????
0 x

wellcraft
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS

Post by wellcraft » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm

You would think a extended warranty from the factory would cover the same items as the original factory warranty.
0 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 am

wellcraft wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm
You would think a extended warranty from the factory would cover the same items as the original factory warranty.
That's what I wad told when one as offered to me in Oregon. I'm going to check it out post the holidays.
0 x

dieseldad60
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, 2001 Ducati ST4

Post by dieseldad60 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Prof J wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 am
wellcraft wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:06 pm
That's what I wad told when one as offered to me in Oregon. I'm going to check it out post the holidays.
Ditto for me. Let me know if it isn't true. I'll cancel and get my moola back! :)
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 pm

i am not talking about the extended warranty you get with the bike I am talking about the original warranty you get with the bike which is the same as the two year warranty extension. that was the explanation I got from Kawasaki uk !!!
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik