Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Discussion area for news/articles posted on H2SXRiders.net.
User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1134
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 519

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by cOoTeR » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 pm


I had my bike out yesterday. The speedometer showed 186mph while the GPS on my phone showed 172mph.

My bike is+500 redline but the tach shows 13,500rpms when I hit the rev limiter so the tach is 500rpms faster than the bike. I was at 13,000rpms showing on the tach and 191mph on the GPS. The speed increase from 186mph on was pretty slow. I started to run out of the safe area I had and the pavement was getting rough so I let off. But it seemed like drag was causing the bike to struggle to get past the last 500rpms.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Bengarzy
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 104
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2018
Location: Red Lodge, Suffolk
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RS
x 1
x 24

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by Bengarzy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:50 pm


Wow that looks slow, my K1300 had endless top speed compared to that, may have to investigate when we get our bikes this year, but I expect it will be quicker than the 1200 boxers we have at the mo😂😂😂
0 x

User avatar
mikeinatlanta
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 8th, 2018
Bike(s): Motus MSTR
x 1

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by mikeinatlanta » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:16 pm


Just checking in after being away a while. So who is going to see what their SX will do hauling luggage? By my estimates I'll need 200whp to hit 175mph with my Motus. Really hoping to see just how aerodynamic the SX is with bags.
0 x

User avatar
Fitz
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 48
Joined: Sep 21st, 2018
x 2
x 10

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by Fitz » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 am


I hit 165 indicated and still pulling before I saw a vehicle ahead so I stopped. Was loaded with factory side cases, a tail bag and me with a backpack. I'd estimate 40-50 lbs worth of stuff at least in the bags. Stock.
1 x

User avatar
Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 469
Joined: May 29th, 2019
Location: Oregon, USA
Bike(s): '19 SE +
x 45
x 65

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by Prof J » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 am


cOoTeR wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 pm
I had my bike out yesterday. The speedometer showed 186mph while the GPS on my phone showed 172mph.

My bike is+500 redline but the tach shows 13,500rpms when I hit the rev limiter so the tach is 500rpms faster than the bike. I was at 13,000rpms showing on the tach and 191mph on the GPS. The speed increase from 186mph on was pretty slow. I started to run out of the safe area I had and the pavement was getting rough so I let off. But it seemed like drag was causing the bike to struggle to get past the last 500rpms.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840
cOoTeR, Wouldn't struggling that last 'X'something RPM be 'normal' as then the bikes maxed out it's breathing and or gearing? The 14 I had, before turbo, took a little time in the last xxx RPM. Would bounce off limiter at about 186, I believe. Put on a speedo healer gadget, and though 186 limit was 'removed', 'tricked'/raised a bit by the healer, really - which threw off the accuracy of the bikes speedo, so you'd have to use GPS for an accurate speed signature, it'd still take it's time for the last little bit.

Stock sprockets and stock bike at this time. Post turbo, larger rear w/smaller front, did not return to tapping on the speed limiter. The bike would, very quickly, get to 160-170.
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1134
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 519

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by cOoTeR » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:51 am


Prof J wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 am
cOoTeR wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:28 pm
I had my bike out yesterday. The speedometer showed 186mph while the GPS on my phone showed 172mph.

My bike is+500 redline but the tach shows 13,500rpms when I hit the rev limiter so the tach is 500rpms faster than the bike. I was at 13,000rpms showing on the tach and 191mph on the GPS. The speed increase from 186mph on was pretty slow. I started to run out of the safe area I had and the pavement was getting rough so I let off. But it seemed like drag was causing the bike to struggle to get past the last 500rpms.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=840
cOoTeR, Wouldn't struggling that last 'X'something RPM be 'normal' as then the bikes maxed out it's breathing and or gearing? The 14 I had, before turbo, took a little time in the last xxx RPM. Would bounce off limiter at about 186, I believe. Put on a speedo healer gadget, and though 186 limit was 'removed', 'tricked'/raised a bit by the healer, really - which threw off the accuracy of the bikes speedo, so you'd have to use GPS for an accurate speed signature, it'd still take it's time for the last little bit.

Stock sprockets and stock bike at this time. Post turbo, larger rear w/smaller front, did not return to tapping on the speed limiter. The bike would, very quickly, get to 160-170.
It's normal for a bike to struggle at the top of its speed range. Not exactly sure what you're asking though. But if you look at a flashed bike with a rev bumps dyno chart you'll see that the power is still climbing. So it's not necessarily accelerating slower because of the bikes ability to get air in and out limiting the power. The theoretical top speed with stock gearing and +500rpms is over 200mph. So it's not at the end of the gearing. vcyclenut has gone with taller gearing and actually gotten a slower top speed then he did with stock gearing. I think around the 190mph mark the h2 sx se is reaching its aerodynamic limit. After doing a top end run the rear tire looks pretty torn up.
2 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
DeRox
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 159
Joined: Dec 12th, 2017
Location: Netherlands
Website: http://www.zx11.nl
x 33
x 62

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by DeRox » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 pm


mikeinatlanta wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:16 pm
Just checking in after being away a while. So who is going to see what their SX will do hauling luggage? By my estimates I'll need 200whp to hit 175mph with my Motus. Really hoping to see just how aerodynamic the SX is with bags.
I did 293kmh (182mph) with empty bags. The bike has been flashed (195rwhp, max rpm + 500) and does 303kmh (188mph) without bags. :yes:
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE | 2006 GSXR750

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 670
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 209
x 483

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:40 pm


203 MPH!!!
5 x

User avatar
Switch18
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 122
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2018
Location: UK
x 72
x 32

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by Switch18 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:27 pm


Was that running 19/44 David.
1 x

User avatar
Switch18
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 122
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2018
Location: UK
x 72
x 32

Re: Ninja H2 SX Top Speed

Post by Switch18 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:28 pm


Congratulations by the way. :clap:
1 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests