handle bar risers

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
sydjustice
Bike(s): concours 14

handle bar risers

Post by sydjustice » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello everyone. My current bike is a 2012 concours 14, been watching the h2 sx closely, I would love
a sportier lighter concours but I still need something more upright for the long in between on western
trips. I just can not see how to get those handle bars high enough for me. On my concours I have adjustable
bars. P.S. I do not own a car the bike is my full time ride so bags big enough for work gear is also needed.
Has anybody looked at convert bars or another after market riser for the h2 sx. Thanks syd
0 x

UFO
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): '18 H2SX SE

Re: handle bar risers

Post by UFO » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:34 am

Hi, welcome to the site. :cool:

The main limiting factor for raising the bars is the front brake hydraulic collector box in lower triple tree (you can see it, the small rectangle with a bolt, in the attached picture just left of the horn).

You either need to relocate this block, or (the best solution) just get a longer brake line that goes from this collector up to the front brake. If you don't do this you can only raise the bars about 0.5". I wish they had given more slack in the factory line, but it's pretty tight..

Other than that there's nothing keeping you from putting some sort of Helibar or other bar risers on it that clamp to the top of the forks (see 2nd pic).
Attachments
2018-11-05 13.20.02.jpg
2018-Kawasaki-Ninja-H2-SX-36.jpg
1 x

Various... ➡ 2000 Hayabusa ➡ 2002 VFR ➡ 2003 FJR1300 ➡ 2010 Multistrada ➡ 2018 H2SX SE #510

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik