Greetings from California Bay Area.

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
drcookie
Bike(s): 2022 H2 SX SE

Greetings from California Bay Area.

Post by drcookie » Mon May 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I have been lurking on this site while doing some research and I finally picked up a 2022 H2 SX SE last Saturday with 2 mile on the odometer. I could not tell what the mileage was on the bike when I went and checked her out since the dealer did not have the battery charged and they did not allow test drive on this beast. I think that was a good thing. I am currently breaking in slowly and I was told not to rev beyond 4k and vary the rpm during the break-in period.

I have started to look for accessories like frame sliders and also radiator guard. The radiator on this beast is HUGE !!!
Besides this bike, I have 2014 Kawasaki Concours. I also owned a 2002 Suzuki Katana which I passed it down to my nephew a starter bike.
This bike is much much lighter than the Concours and I hope the mpg would be similar or if not better. :D

Just want to say Hi and hope to learn more from folks in this forum.

Cheers !!!

Deric
4 x

Thunderdawg
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 Ninja H2 SX SE

Re: Greetings from California Bay Area.

Post by Thunderdawg » Thu May 12, 2022 2:04 am

Welcome to the forum and H2 SX SE ownership! The 4K rpm limit is for the first part, 500 miles IIRC. A long process. The second rpm limit makes riding much better.
0 x

Vcyclenut: ZX-10 header, Lextek midpipe and can, Sprint P08 F1-85 air filter, PAIR valve block off plates, ECU flash, Woodcraft frame slider
Evotech radiator guard
Ohlins SD-021 steering damper & Bryan468 mounts, CL front brake pads

Vex
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Thu May 12, 2022 5:48 am

Or just break it in on a dyno. 😁
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE
Brock's Penta Exhaust
Block Off Plates
DNA Filter
Stage 2 SC
Tuned by 2WDW
S1 Dyno: 242whp/106ftlbs
S2 Dyno: TBD

vcyclenut
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu May 12, 2022 12:35 pm

congrats and welcome aboard!!!
0 x

XcelleraThor
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): '22 H2 SX SE

Post by XcelleraThor » Thu May 12, 2022 4:29 pm

Greetings from Germany!

Welcome aboard. I am currently also breaking in my new '22 H2SXSE, that I picked up last Friday. Like on the '18 H2SXSE I am coming from, I have set the shift lights to 4000rpm. 50 more kms to go, before I will be setting them to 6000 :-) And, boy, these really catch your eye, compared to the one (!) on the '18. And after 600 kms you are allowed to ride "moderately".

The break in instructions were a lot more harsh with the '18 version!

Enjoy the ride and stick to country roads or the city for commuting, like I do. Gives you "naturally" varying rpms.
Godspeed
-XcelleraThor
0 x

CB250N (long gone) --- XJ600 (unforgotten) --- CBR600F4 (honorably discharged) --- '18 H2SXSE (GatewayDrug) --- '22 H2SXSE (NewQueen)

drcookie
Bike(s): 2022 H2 SX SE

Post by drcookie » Thu May 12, 2022 11:12 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

XcelleraThor, that is a great point. You could set the shift lights down to 4000 rpm. I am going do that. I was playing around the menu and I am still trying to figure out some of the settings and what they are for. The owner menu does not provide a lot of information.

Since I am a short rider with 30" inseam, I am in the process of lowering the ride as well. I can still ride the bike with the factory height but I will need to be tip-toeing and don't really feel confident on the start and stop traffic.

Cheers !!!!
0 x

XcelleraThor
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): '22 H2 SX SE

Post by XcelleraThor » Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm

I know about the short legs issue. For that reason I bought my wife the BMW GS700F with the lower frame geometry, with no after production changes. It therefore couldn't be configured with the stock main stand. It only has the side stand and boy do you need to sway the bike in the opposite direction to make use of it or retract it!

A very other common way of lowering a bike is lowering the attachment points on the front forks, so that more of the forks "stick" out on "your" side. I would stricktly recommend consulting with your workshop of trust on that, as our bikes have an electronic suspension along with the sky-hook thing and I have no idea how that measure would (severely) impact it's behaviour.

Coming from the '18 version my first impression was, that the rider's seat on the new bike was "softer", probably more material? You could lower your position and also center of gravity, without changing the overall geometry of the bike, by a different seat with less upholstery (hight), although probably at the cost of "softness".

My jeans have an inseam of 32" and I feel very confident on this new bike, except when it's on its main stand I go into "tip-toe"- mode, too, but heck it's still stable then by its own.

Or find some other riding boots. There are boots available (at least here in Germany) that have thicker soles.

Try shaving off height either or both ways, it's better for the bike's over all handling.
0 x

CB250N (long gone) --- XJ600 (unforgotten) --- CBR600F4 (honorably discharged) --- '18 H2SXSE (GatewayDrug) --- '22 H2SXSE (NewQueen)

prettybirdSE
Pressure Critical
Pressure Critical
Bike(s): 2020 Ninja H2SXSE+

Post by prettybirdSE » Sat May 14, 2022 1:49 am

I will say I agree with the seat thing.I bought one for my 2020.It fit perfect,and is much softer and sculpted for all day riding.I really like it.Equal at least to my Sargeant that was reformed how I wanted it.But it's not quite as soft as the Kawi.They corrected the forward lean position.Now it's very easy to stay put without sliding into the tank all the time.Very nice.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik