David from Mesa

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
darich1146
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

David from Mesa

Post by darich1146 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm David, from Mesa, AZ. I'm a pretty new H2 SX SE owner (about 1400 miles) but really liking it so far. I will say, I've read a lot on this forum and really do appreciate all the tips and advice that everyone shares.

I've already purchased some frame sliders from Vcyclenut, which worked perfectly. I hope to do his ecu flash but I think that may be a ways out. I think perhaps changing exhaust will be my next mod, though also contemplating the panniers. I did put an extra tall power bronze windscreen on and I think it looks nice. I chose the dark tint. I also ordered but haven't installed yet a v-stream windscreen in the sport-touring height. I held it up to the bike and it looks like it would do a nice job but probably won't look as nice. Maybe I'll swap if I take a long trip, who knows?!

David
0 x

Burmashave
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000

Re: David from Mesa

Post by Burmashave » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:12 am

Welcome!

I have an SE, and it's interesting how preferences for windscreens go in both directions. I'm tall (6' 3"), and I'm thinking of downsizing to a tinted SX windscreen to reduce buffeting and put more wind into my chest.
1 x

Russd
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2 SX SE, BMW R1200RT, Suzuki GSX-S1000F, 2014 Valkyrie, Beta 500RR-S

Post by Russd » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:42 am

Welcome aboard David! I also have the Power Bronze tall screen and like it just fine. Much better wind protection in the tuck than the stock one for me.
Enjoy the bike and stay safe.
1 x

dieseldad60
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by dieseldad60 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Welcome David! Ahhhh... AZ, my old stompin' grounds. I grew up in the Phoenix area and my first vehicle was a Kawasaki KZ400 back in 1976. Rode that bike all over the valley :-) . Glad to hear you got sliders.... great investment and vcyclenut is great to work with. Enjoy!
1 x

Thunderdawg
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Thunderdawg » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:22 am

Welcome to the forum, David, and to H2 SX SE ownership. I have had mine for just past a year and really like it. I had the ECU flashed last summer and noticed a big improvement in throttle response and yes in power. Currently putting the bike back together with the Lextek system and ZX10R headers and second reflash from vcyclenut; will let all know my impressions when I can. I live just north of Prescott.
1 x

GT550
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): Yamaha Raider SCL, Honda CB1100, Triumph Speed Triple R, Honda VFR 1200 DCT, Moto Guzzi Calif 1400

Post by GT550 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 am

howdy dave - Mesa a great place. I lived in Tempe for about 3 years. they had some good deals on these out your way. I considered flying out for one but a decent deal came through here in ohio. Congrats on new bike.

I pick mine up manyana - any tips on surviving the first 1000 miles? :)
0 x

PhukDD
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): a green one

Post by PhukDD » Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 pm

David I live about 30 mins from you. You should join us for a ride sometime
0 x

PhukDD
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by PhukDD » Wed May 15, 2019 6:01 pm

GT550 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 am
howdy dave - Mesa a great place. I lived in Tempe for about 3 years. they had some good deals on these out your way. I considered flying out for one but a decent deal came through here in ohio. Congrats on new bike.

I pick mine up manyana - any tips on surviving the first 1000 miles? :)
You surviving or the bike? It is the age old Moto argument that may never be settled. Follow the manufacturer recommendations for break in or ride it like you stole it.
0 x

darich1146
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by darich1146 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi,

I broke the bike in gently, with the occasional "I'll show you what you're soon in for". Even now with 2000 miles on it, I still don't go super crazy. Always afraid of the cops waiting for me. But wow, what a great bike. I had owned an Aprilia Tuono prior to the green machine and I have to say, I really like my H2 better. Sure, it wasn't the Italian v4... but I think we have a bike that's better. I didn't care for the lack of wind protection on the Tuono. Was fine until the freeways, then was not enjoyable. I also found it "uncomfortable", like it just didn't fit me quite right. The Tuono is quite a bit lighter but since I don't go to tracks and am just an average Joe kind of rider, the extra weight makes for better stability on the freeways.

As for joining a ride, I'd love to. Where do you go? Pretty soon will blast furnace temps again. Ugh. You just get rid of the snowbirds that are trying to take you out and then it's a million degrees! Yeah, complain, complain.
0 x

PhukDD
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by PhukDD » Fri May 17, 2019 12:56 am

darich1146 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:14 pm
Hi,

I broke the bike in gently, with the occasional "I'll show you what you're soon in for". Even now with 2000 miles on it, I still don't go super crazy. Always afraid of the cops waiting for me. But wow, what a great bike. I had owned an Aprilia Tuono prior to the green machine and I have to say, I really like my H2 better. Sure, it wasn't the Italian v4... but I think we have a bike that's better. I didn't care for the lack of wind protection on the Tuono. Was fine until the freeways, then was not enjoyable. I also found it "uncomfortable", like it just didn't fit me quite right. The Tuono is quite a bit lighter but since I don't go to tracks and am just an average Joe kind of rider, the extra weight makes for better stability on the freeways.

As for joining a ride, I'd love to. Where do you go? Pretty soon will blast furnace temps again. Ugh. You just get rid of the snowbirds that are trying to take you out and then it's a million degrees! Yeah, complain, complain.
Depends generally ride year round just leave early early in the summer. For instance last June we did wickenburg, yarnell Prescott to Jerome and I was back in the Copa by noon. And yes it was 112* and miserable for the last hour so we generally bend the speed limit a bit in the valley.

My neighbor has a 2019 H2 might see if I can convince him to ride up to Payson this Saturday to get some photo’s of the cousins together.

We are also trying to put together either a camping or cabin trip to 191 maybe late June.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik