My 2nd track day on the H2 SX SE

Share your H2SX photos and adventures!
cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

My 2nd track day on the H2 SX SE

Post by cOoTeR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 am

November 5th 4 friends and I rented out a nearby track. The track is Arroyo Seco near Demming NM. If you're ever in the area and want to do a track day, get a hold of Roger there. Rates to rent the track out during the week are as low as $500 for up to 5 riders (we got it for $100 a person).

The bikes that were there. I had my H2 SX SE and my CRF450X supermoto. One guy had his Aprilia RSV4. Another was on his R1M. Another guy brought his ninja 500 and Gsxr 750. Another had his gsxr 600 and 07 cbr1000rr.

I ended up leaving the race fuel at home and running my bike in its 91oct tune. I contemplated throwing on my longer vandemon muffler and doing a few laps with the bags on but decided the risk wasn't worth the reward. This was my first time running the H2R style muffler on the track. That thing sounds awesome when really riding the bike and using the quick shifter.

As anyone who's ridden the H2 SX SE knows that it feels heavy when really cornering it. It feels somewhere between a liter bike and a big bore bike (ZX14/Busa). I think I might drop the front a couple mm and see what that does. I'm just a little worried about top end stability. The current geometry of the bike seems like a balance between turn in feel and top end stability (to me it feels 50/50). The bike gets a little sketchy at the top of the rpm range and is a little stiff to turn in. Nothing crazy but the bars shake a little every time the front wheel first touches the ground. Not a big deal just don't try to fight it.

I also might try to get another seat for when I'm at the road course. The factory SE seat suits me just fine for day to day riding. But when trying to hang off of the bike the wide back portion of the seat kind of twists me up and pushes me forward into an awkward position. I think shaving the sides of the back of the seat will help.

Normally I like to think of the electronics as a back up plan. But at one point they saved my ass. The first 2 or three sessions I was on the H2 SX SE but then I went out on my supermoto. My supermoto is WAY more forgiving than the H2 SX SE. On the sumo I go into a corner fast, downshift 1 gear lower than normal and lock up the rear brake to start the slide. About 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way through the corner I let the clutch out faster than normal and basically slam throttle open to keep the slide going. Once the front of the bike is pointing the right direction I back the throttle down a little too gain traction and roll back into it. The surface of Arroyo Seco is a little rough/ grippy so I wasn't sliding it in but I was getting really aggressive going from closed throttle to wide open on the sumo. After I went back to the H2 SX SE I tried to be easy on the throttle. But coming out of a 2nd gear left hand turn I rolled into it a little too hard and the bike made a weird "buuurrrp" sound. It didn't feel like the TC was kicking in, it just sounded funny. Next time around I rolled into the throttle a little more aggressively (halfway expecting to initiate a highside). The bike "burped" but went around like I balanced the input perfectly. Last time I was on the track I kicked the TC in but I was at 213whp and stock exhaust. With the full exhaust it sounds less like an inline 4 and more like "V" engine. Kind of took me off guard. If it wasn't for the sound I probably wouldn't have noticed the TC kicking in. My friend in the R1M said I was leaving black lines coming out of the corners.

In the corners most of the other bikes had me, except the RSV4 but that was more rider than bike. Basically if you put the 5 of us on the same bike I'd be 4th just ahead of the guy on the RSV4. On the straights no one else stood a chance! I passed everyone like they were in quick sand. My friend in the cbr 1000rr said it was crazy, he could catch me in the corners but on the straight I left him behind like his bike was messed up.

At some point before the track day I told my friend with the R1M that I thought my flashed bolt on H2 SX SE would out run any other street legal vehicle from an roll start. He decided he wanted to test it with his R1M bolt on full exhaust and de-restricted (same setup as my bike). At first he wanted us to run somewhere where we had enough room to top the bikes out. At the track we did 20-35mph rolls from a stand still. I gave him the hit every time but as soon as I shifted into 2nd I started pulling away. Afterwards he decided a longer run wasn't necessary because it was clear the faster we went my bike just pulled away at a faster and faster rate.

Being a group of friends we swap bikes all the time, with the agreement of "you break it you buy it". The H2 SX SE was the bike everyone wanted to try, but my CRF450X dyno was the bike everyone wanted to try multiple times. Everyone loved the H2 SX SE but admitted the corners off of the straights were hard to judge how slow to decelerate for.
4 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Re: My 2nd track day on the H2 SX SE

Post by cOoTeR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:21 pm

This time the brakes started feeling a little soft. Almost like there was air in the lines. Here are a couple pics from the day too.
Attachments
IMG_6858.jpg
The line of bikes
IMG_6881.jpg
The H2 SX SE
IMG_6967.jpg
On the supermoto.
20181105_161501.jpg
The bikes on the trailer.
1 x

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by cOoTeR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Couple more pics.
Attachments
20181105_161532.jpg
IMG_6857.jpg
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Very nice. Really wish I could get out to the track but im not allowed :(
0 x

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by cOoTeR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Snakes709 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:51 pm
Very nice. Really wish I could get out to the track but im not allowed :(
Why aren't you allowed on the track?
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm on temp disability with the VA. They are paying for physio, schooling and loss of earnings (90% of my military pay). They don't want me doing anything that could risk further injury to my back. If they catch me on the track, I get booted off this program they got me on. I'm about to go to school to upgrade my math and then take Aviation Maintenance Engineer. Hoping once I go through all that and get a job and off this program, ill be able to get back on the track.
0 x

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by cOoTeR » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:07 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 pm
I'm on temp disability with the VA. They are paying for physio, schooling and loss of earnings (90% of my military pay). They don't want me doing anything that could risk further injury to my back. If they catch me on the track, I get booted off this program they got me on. I'm about to go to school to upgrade my math and then take Aviation Maintenance Engineer. Hoping once I go through all that and get a job and off this program, ill be able to get back on the track.
That kind of stinks but sounds line a good reason not to go to track. Although the track is safer than the street.
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 am

Yea, kept trying to tell them that but they wont listen. They don't want me riding period.
0 x

Zotto
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2012 Super 10, 2006 RC-51, 1986 LTD GSXR 750(currently being restored) 1975 KV 75, 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Zotto » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 am
Yea, kept trying to tell them that but they wont listen. They don't want me riding period.
Yah that does suck and i feel for ya.

Seeing, they have given the Green light to the new motorplex by Carstairs.

http://rockymotorsports.com/

I plan to be checking it out hopefully for the 2019 riding season.
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Zotto wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 am
Snakes709 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 am
Yah that does suck and i feel for ya.

Seeing, they have given the Green light to the new motorplex by Carstairs.

http://rockymotorsports.com/

I plan to be checking it out hopefully for the 2019 riding season.
Id settle with castrol. Was having alot of fun on my zx10r there. Really wanted to try the 14R there. Seeing cooters pictures is making me so jealous.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik