1+ month at the dealership

Share your H2SX photos and adventures!
Drnick
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Re: 1+ month at the dealership

Post by Drnick » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm

I believe those pinch bolts are steel ,threaded into aluminum,u have to be careful when u torque them down,and torque them to specs
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Bengarzy
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RS

Post by Bengarzy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Those pinch bolts sound like they need a bit of anti seize compound as soon as possible or it may happen again
0 x

PaulieG
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): ZX-14

Post by PaulieG » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Snakes709 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm
So i decided to do it myself and as i loosened both of them, they cross threaded.
Forgive my ignorance but I'm confused. How do you cross thread a bolt while loosening it? I know I've put IN bolts wrong and they've cross threaded, but I thought, once a bolt goes in several turns easily you've not going to cross thread it.

Unless you meant that as you loosened the bolts you realized *they* had cross threaded them when they put them in, then just left them in there all wonky?
0 x

Snakes709
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 pm

PaulieG wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm
Snakes709 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm
So i decided to do it myself and as i loosened both of them, they cross threaded.
Forgive my ignorance but I'm confused. How do you cross thread a bolt while loosening it? I know I've put IN bolts wrong and they've cross threaded, but I thought, once a bolt goes in several turns easily you've not going to cross thread it.

Unless you meant that as you loosened the bolts you realized *they* had cross threaded them when they put them in, then just left them in there all wonky?
Thats what i still dont get myself. I backed them out and after a few turns the cross threaded. I have never heard of bolts cross threading as you loosen/remove them. The tech said the threads in the swingarm were fucked up at the end and the bolt pulled the threads forward and eventually got jammed up and wouldnt let the bolt move either direction. Still doesnt make sense to me as they claimed they adjusted my chain. So either they fucked it up, hoping i wouldnt notice or the threads in the swing arm, in both holes just let go when i did them
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik