1+ month at the dealership

Share your H2SX photos and adventures!
Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

1+ month at the dealership

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 pm

So after my first chain adjustment went horribly wrong and needing a new swingarm that was back ordered. I finally got the bike back after 5 weeks. Catching the very end of the season with temps ranging from 4*c to 9*c, im really glad i decided to go with SE and have heated grips. Trying so hard to not mod the bike and leave it stock until the warranty is up but i dont think i can make it. Was really hoping to get a ride in up in the mountains but that wont happen this year. For now its just cruising around the city and enjoying the sound of the supercharger
Attachments
BCD7A857-6465-419E-A819-870D65A4DA51.jpeg
88149BFD-395E-4CA4-9543-D9E05523CD96.jpeg
0 x

Zotto
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2012 Super 10, 2006 RC-51, 1986 LTD GSXR 750(currently being restored) 1975 KV 75, 2018 H2 SX SE

Re: 1+ month at the dealership

Post by Zotto » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Looking Good!

What was the problem with chain adjustment that caused a new swingarm?!
0 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000

Post by Burmashave » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Good on ya. Glad to know the bike is sorted out and that you'll get in a few short ones before end of season.
Zotto wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 pm
Looking Good!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=675
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Zotto wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 pm
Looking Good!

As burmashave posted the 2 pinch bolts both crossed threaded when i loosened them up to adjust the chain.
0 x

Zotto
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2012 Super 10, 2006 RC-51, 1986 LTD GSXR 750(currently being restored) 1975 KV 75, 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Zotto » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Ahh yes, clear now.. So best guess is that the dealer screwed up and didn't fess up to it as you stated.. I had that problem early this year with my new car just taking it in for a scheduled oil change for warranty purposes and i get it back and do the once walk around and had noticed they had washed it.. I don`t let anyone wash it, upon taking a thorough look at everything i noticed they had scratch the PPF on the front of the hood and grill.. Plan as day, so i questioned and they played dumb. I was pissed and told them to fix the issue.. They did and in the process of removing off the PPF on the grill they lifted the chrome and now they had to order a completely new grill and start the process all over.

Now the dealer said there guys was a expert at applying 3m film.. I pick up the car and they used a different cut(graphic program) then my applier does so you can see all the cuts and basically not what i originally paid for to begin with.. I told my dealer this and said you guys f**ked up and need to correct it to how it was.. They ended up paying for my applier to fix the issue in the end because of there incompetence. They and every one i deal with know not to pull bullshit on me..

Regarding purchasing in the end, Canada is a different place then it was 20-30 years ago, this includes cheaper labor and corporations cutting to the bottom line.. Trust/Respect is hard to find, and golden when you do.
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Zotto wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:37 pm
Ahh yes, clear now.. So best guess is that the dealer screwed up and didn't fess up to it as you stated.. I had that problem early this year with my new car just taking it in for a scheduled oil change for warranty purposes and i get it back and do the once walk around and had noticed they had washed it.. I don`t let anyone wash it, upon taking a thorough look at everything i noticed they had scratch the PPF on the front of the hood and grill.. Plan as day, so i questioned and they played dumb. I was pissed and told them to fix the issue.. They did and in the process of removing off the PPF on the grill they lifted the chrome and now they had to order a completely new grill and start the process all over.

Now the dealer said there guys was a expert at applying 3m film.. I pick up the car and they used a different cut(graphic program) then my applier does so you can see all the cuts and basically not what i originally paid for to begin with.. I told my dealer this and said you guys f**ked up and need to correct it to how it was.. They ended up paying for my applier to fix the issue in the end because of there incompetence. They and every one i deal with know not to pull bullshit on me..

Regarding purchasing in the end, Canada is a different place then it was 20-30 years ago, this includes cheaper labor and corporations cutting to the bottom line.. Trust/Respect is hard to find, and golden when you do.
Had that same issue with my EvoX. Bought it brand new, paid $660 for 3m tape on the bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors. They did a small strip in my hood and tried to say thats all my credit was only able to cover that, yet i was charged the full amount on the bill of sale. Got then to do the full thing but they put 3m tape on the bumper without washing it and stuck it on bug guts. As well as used a razor knife and cut through the paint and into the plastic of the bumper. They wouldnt do anything about it.

On a different note, the wife and I went out for another rip today.
Attachments
E9090104-0250-4B3E-B4AF-48B5E230A218.jpeg
50EA587C-3C1E-449B-B48F-BCB016BC3CE1.jpeg
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 am

So you went to dealer to have your chain adjusted,and they over tightened the pinch bolts which cross threaded both,which made the swing arm a “boat anchor “,u waited 5 weeks for the shop to replace /repair,is that the sum of it?
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Drnick wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 am
So you went to dealer to have your chain adjusted,and they over tightened the pinch bolts which cross threaded both,which made the swing arm a “boat anchor “,u waited 5 weeks for the shop to replace /repair,is that the sum of it?
No. The dealership did my first service. I suspect they never touched my chain as it was still loose after i picked it up. Tons of chain snatch on and off throttle and I measured it at 1.52”. So i decided to do it myself and as i loosend both of them, they cross threaded. Dropped the bike off. They informed me it needs a new swing arm, kawasaki approved the warranty claim but the swingarm was back ordered. It came in but they forgot to order the chain master link and a washer.

From what they can tell (or so they tell me) it seems as though someone at the factory either didnt want to work on monday morning or friday afternoon. Both holes had damaged threads at the very end. So when i backed the bolts out, it pulled the threads back with the bolts and got jammed up.
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:44 pm

Wow,I wonder if anyone else had this problem
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 am

I thought there was one other person with the same issue but not sure.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik