I was with 4 friends with the following bikes:
18 Kawasaki H2 SX SE - TUNED ~215 whp
15 Kawasaki ZZR1400 - TUNED ~211 whp (I think this has a different name in USA)
13 Kawasaki Z1000 SX
17 BMW s1000XR
16 BMW s1000R - TUNED ~170 whp
The roads were amazing, I can give routes if anyone is interested. We were doing 350 to 600 KM per day and took ~3 days off.
Just past the 10.000 KM mark on the bike.
The bike was faultless, my only reservations were brakes and power down low, which I have discussed elsewhere on these forums.
Fuel economy was not great, about on par with the s1000R.
On the really tight hairpin to hairpin stuff I was scraping toes unless I was really on my toes, which doesn't seem comfy on this bike.
The back brake came into its own, was very handy for strong application in very tight hairpins. The bike was in a tuned F mode and KTRC level 2. Had a brand new rear s21 and a front with maybe 600 KMs more (some of which were at the Isle of Man TT so hard driving), both tyres are now at or past wear bars. The KTRC light was coming on occasionally when powering out of hairpins when ascending.
- Power: Almost identical, from roll in most gears to redline, maybe without luggage H2 might be a little quicker
- Brakes: H2 far superior
- Technical/Tight turns: H2 better
- Power: H2 far superior
- Brakes: Similar
- Technical/Tight turns: Z1000 SX better
- Power: H2 better
- Brakes: s1000XR better
- Technical/Tight turns: s1000XR far superior
- Power: Similar[/b]
- Brakes: s1000R far superior (it has a Brembo RCS 18)
- Technical/Tight turns: Similar