Neck Fusion and a Lost Summer

No politics or religion please! Everything else is fair game.
Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Re: Neck Fusion and a Lost Summer

Post by Zdude » Fri May 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Got home last night and looks like everything went well. With good recovery I'll be up on 2 wheels by September at least. Had to spend an extra day in the hospital due to a skipped beat in the heart while under and my throat felt like it could swell to closing the next morning but steroid to the swelling down and am doing pretty good. Doctor said he thought I'd heal quickly, said bone was hard but had a bunch of spurs that are gone now so that will help get some feeling and balance back. Just glad that is behind me now, hate surgery and hospitals.
2 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000

Post by Burmashave » Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Thaks for the update. Heal up and then ride.

What kind of brace did they put you in (assuming you're in a brace)?
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Zdude » Sat May 18, 2019 5:28 pm

I got lucky and they have me in a soft brace. I thought I'd have to have the hard "horsecollor" brace but doc said because the section that was done for me was not the top 3 cervical vertibra and the bones seemed really hard he felt the soft was good. Hoping for late summer release to ride again. Right now it is still sort of painful and ackward to sleep or even set up very long but I'm thinking in a couple of weeks that things will improve. Thanks for the well wishes!
1 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Burmashave » Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Sounds good. I had pictured you in one of those erector set like structures with the rods and screws.
0 x

dieseldad60
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, 2001 Ducati ST4

Post by dieseldad60 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:06 pm

So sorry to hear zdude!! Speedy recovery my friend and hopefully we'll cross paths in the NC/Tenn mountains this fall! Really hope all the recovery is fast and a painless as possible. What kind of helmet do you use? Just wondering if you need a really light carbon helmet or ?? Anyway, take care buddy!
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Zdude » Thu May 30, 2019 11:41 am

Hi diesel, have not been on much as the Oxy's they have me on seem to make it hard to concentrate and make me feel queezy when on-line. Hope to be done with that soon but not there yet. I have a newer Skorpion helmet that is modular. It is pretty light and I don't think it will be an issue. I just have to be patient at this point and let it heal, probably 2 to 3 months before doc will release me to ride. Just went to my 1st post-op appointment and everything is looking good. I'll check in on occasion to give a progress report. Ride safe my friend.
1 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Burmashave » Thu May 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for the update, Zdude. Sounds like you have the right attitude to make it through this.
0 x

Prof J
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:17 am

Zdude,

Best wishes for a well performed surgery and recovery. You'll be kicking your heels high up in the air right afterwards . . . well, a bit later than 'right after', but soon afterwards. Magic in the motion as you know, medical proof in the 'truth', as the doc's and nurses say, the sooner folks get up after surgery and get moving, the faster they heal, and less overall pain/discomfort. Body is pretty amazing. I've been there and still dong that.

If you need some peaceful and enticing visualization ideas as you recover, as you are in Enon I see, visualize a peaceful trip on your bike, heading back to the Enon Apple Butter Festival soon, in October! If that doesn't sooth you, no amount of apple butter will.

Seriously, best wishes and safe riding.
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Zdude » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks Prof J, how did you know about the Apple Butter Festival in Enon? Been feeling better, but still a couple months at least before Doc says I can ride again and my boss (wife) will back him up - LOL! Pain mostly gone just seems to be right when I wake up. Haven't been on my pc in weeks because of the pain meds, can't concentrate while on them and the screen is hard to look at very long. Anyway, thanks to all for the great wishes!
0 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Burmashave » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks for checking in. Be well!
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik