Sad news about a forum member

No politics or religion please! Everything else is fair game.
Champ87
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Sad news about a forum member

Post by Champ87 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:29 am

Some really sad news about one of our own forum members Pud1. This morning I received an email from his wife telling me that he died in a motorcycle accident while riding with his buddy. I don't know the details but she said it was not his fault - he was the victim of a bad driver. He died trying to evade a head-on collision. I don't know if his friend was involved as well, but he is OK.

I never met him, but over the past few years we've contacted each other regularly, sharing technical knowledge and thoughts and tales about the amazing bikes we love and ride. He invited me to Canada and offered to be my guide for a road trip around British Columbia. I intended to take him up on that offer. Sadly, it is not to be. I have the planned route so maybe I'll ride it one day.

It's an unfortunate fact that us motorcyclists are so vulnerable to others' mistakes. At times like this people are quick to tell us how dangerous motorcycles are. I think us riders are the best people to judge that. We know the risks. We accept those risk in return for the immense pleasure that riding gives us. At times like this I have to remind myself that the fun, excitement and experiences I've had far outweigh these moments of sadness. All my best friends, with the exception of one, are people who I've met through riding and racing. It's in my blood, it's in my heart. Pud1 would have said the same. Ride on Ron.
2 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

Snakes709
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Re: Sad news about a forum member

Post by Snakes709 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 am

I made a post about this as well, i wasnt 100% if it was him but guess that confirms it. I saw the post this morning in a local bike group (im 3 hours away from him). Talked to him on the phone a couple time, never met him though. The member on the local group applied cpr but had issues getting his helmet off due to his neck being broken. This caused a large discussion in the group about removing helmets. Since i volunteer and occasionally run control for multiple track day/race organizations at multiple tracks here in edmonton, we are told never to remove a helmet of a downed rider. Now obviously at the track we have emt’s ready to go but on the street, it you need to perform cpr, life over limb comes into play.

I’m pissed off he is gone because it was another vehicle turning left and “sorry bro, i didnt see you” is always the fucking response. And our weak ass justice system, the car driver will only get a failure to yield ($270) ticket.
1 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
-Yager Werx Intercooler
208whp 96tq

unknownbiker
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX, DR650

Post by unknownbiker » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:29 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 am

I’m pissed off he is gone because it was another vehicle turning left and “sorry bro, i didnt see you” is always the fucking response. And our weak ass justice system, the car driver will only get a failure to yield ($270) ticket.
Sadly you are right about that. Sorry to hear about this, i do recall him posting though never knew him.
0 x

Jesus Saves.

atc250r
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by atc250r » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:16 am

Wow. Yup, I PM’ed with Ron a bit over some radar detector installation ideas. So sorry to hear this. Condolences to his wife.
0 x

JonTheChron
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18

Post by JonTheChron » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:48 am

This is absolutely shocking. Pud1 and I were PMing the last time I logged onto these forums, a deep feeling inside sent me here after not loging in for months, only to find out he passed away. We spoke about him coming down to Quebec this month for a road trip and I had gave me my recommendations for a local maintenance shop.
Jon:

Thanks for the two references. This coming June, I have great plans for a big ride.
I will fly my bike to Montreal and then fly, and pick it up next day. Likely stay in Montreal that night.

From there, I plan to follow the south shore to Quebec City, and then cross over to the north shore, all the way to the ferry at Baie Comeau. From there, it's off south to Campbellton NB, and around the Gaspésie Peninsula anti-clockwise. I will return to Montreal along the south shore. A quick oil change, and then north to Mount Trembant, and up to Rouyn - Noranda, and then back to Calgary following the Ontario Hwy 11, and then the Trans Canada at Thunder Bay.

This will be a 3-4-week ride.

I have never been to Quebec, In perpetration, I am taking formal lessons in French. I must say that I find this tough going. However, I am now better than I was when I started. I’m already starting to assemble my kit, and have received, and am studying loads of info from Tourism Quebec. This adventure has the potential of being the high point of my riding experience. I am very excited about all of this.

Again, thanks

Ron
Rest in peace my friend, I'm sorry things didn't turn out as planned, you will be missed.

My condolences to his family and friends.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

H2SXadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike(s): H2SX

Post by H2SXadmin » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:18 pm

RIP

Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. I never feel at danger when I'm riding on a quiet backroad. The only time I feel in danger is when I'm surrounded by idiots in cars. THEY are the danger, not the motorcycle.
1 x

Neal - 2018 H2SX

JohnQ
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SXSE, GPZ750TURBO, Voyager, WR

Post by JohnQ » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:08 pm

Every car turning left is a death sentence until cleared.
Godspeed, Ron.
1 x

Racer-X
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Racer-X » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:56 am

Go in peace Mr Pud1 and if it's at all possible haunt that driver's dreams until the day they join you.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik