Covid 19

No politics or religion please! Everything else is fair game.
swharton
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): h2 se

Re: Covid 19

Post by swharton » Sat May 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Not aimed at anyone specifically.

First of all, I mean no disrespect to anyone who disagrees... We can see things differently and still get along... I have love for all friends and family no matter what your viewpoint is... I happen to agree with this.

For those who ridiculously claim that we who want our jobs and lives back don’t care about others, this is for you.

In light of all the videos that are considered conspiracy theories and are leaving people to wonder what the truth really is, there’s this. I can’t say 100% what the truth is. I know I’m finding it hard to believe anything. But I can still believe in the Constitution, and that’s what this statement is based on.

Anyone who thinks social distancing is a good idea for the next few years, or thinks that a ‘benevolent’ dictatorship is for the good of humanity, just stop now because I won’t be giving that point of view my energy.

If you want to stay home, stay home. That’s your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. That's your sovereign right to choose.

If you want to avoid large crowds, avoid large crowds. That's your sovereign right to choose.

I am not required to descend into poverty for you.

I am not required to abstain from human contact for you.(I wish I could bold this part)

I am not required to shop alone, without my friends and family, for you.

I refuse to participate in "quarantine life" until there's an unsafe, untested vaccine released in eighteen months.

I refuse to receive said vaccine to make others feel more safe.

That IS my sovereign right to choose!!!

If you're convinced the vaccine is safe and effective, you can get it.

Some of you are allowing fear and policies devoid of scientifically accurate data to destroy our country and ruin your life.

I can't control your self-destructive behaviors, but we all have a say in the once great USA and the planet we live on.

We need to tell legislators that we demand options.

We have a constitutional right to take risks. Life is full of bacteria and viruses--many of which spread before symptoms manifest and after they subside.

We have a Sovereign right to receive OR refuse vaccines.

The data was inaccurate at best; purposely overblown to justify government overreach at worst.

>>Stop allowing the government to destroy:

•The Food Supply
•Small Businesses
•Medical Autonomy
•Access to Healthcare
•Religious Gatherings
•Privacy Rights
•Fellowship
•Our Mental Health
•Our Freedom

When the "new normal" is filled with starvation, depression, suicide, child abuse, domestic violence, imprisonment, governmental spying, and pure DESPERATION, the virus is going to look preferable to the world you helped facilitate.

I'm going to turn this around on people from now on. Those that say I (or anyone that supports the mission to get us back open) is selfish, or putting money over lives by wanting the country back open for business...

Hear this:

-YOU don't care about the people that will kill themselves out of hopelessness

-YOU don't care about small businesses that'll close their doors (THEIR LIVELIHOOD) permanently

-YOU don't care about the children/women/men that'll be victims of domestic abuse

-YOU don't care about people defaulting on their mortgages

-YOU don't care about bills going unpaid by families with ZERO income right now

-YOU don't care about people wondering where their next meal will come from

-YOU don't care about the people that'll lose their sobriety and slip back into addiction

-YOU don't care about the people that will starve

-YOU support the inevitable looting that'll take place

-YOU don't care about anyone that's murdered the longer this shut down goes on

-YOU don't care about people's mental health

-YOU don't care about the children that DO need teachers and educators to guide & educate them

-YOU don't care about the economy crashing down around us

-YOU REALLY DON'T CARE.

-YOU love your shackles

-YOU are pathetic, begging your leaders for MORE shut down and MORE regulations

I will NOT tolerate another person telling me that I don't care about lives.

I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that so...

>YOU stay home.

>YOU wear a mask.

>YOU live in fear.

Authored by a group, those of us WHO GENUINELY CARE about HUMANITY.
Please - Copy & paste if you agree!
1 x

chidago
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 20 sx se, '18 gsxr 1000r, '72 H2, '14 aprilia, '78 GS1000E

Post by chidago » Sat May 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Bravo...couldnt put it better
0 x

Prof J
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Tue May 26, 2020 3:32 am

swharton wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:00 pm
Not aimed at anyone specifically.
To me that the catharsis of you post is so important, that it deserves it's own topic. Please feel free to do so.

Under no circumstances do I want even a vague possibility of Admin feeling the necessity of closing this thread down.

Best wishes to you and the "group" who joined in authoring your post, and to your recreation of your post, as its' own separate topic.
Last edited by Prof J on Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

\

Pyrocritic
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by Pyrocritic » Tue May 26, 2020 3:00 pm

swharton wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Please - Copy & paste if you agree!
while I agree with much of what was posted, but certainly not all of it! yeesh, some of it is generalized nonsense like:
I care about the situation in its entirety.

But YOU don't care about any of that
Uhh, ok. Thanks for telling me I don't care. I guess I had no idea, thanks for clearing it up. :lol:

copy and pasting opinions on the internet just promotes group think and makes us dumber as a society. people need to stop doing it. :crazy: I would post my own thoughts on this pandemic, but it wouldn't matter because most people are just regurgitating the rhetoric of others (friends/media/party) without critically analyzing it themselves. so why bother?
5 x

Prof J
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Re: Covid 19: I like science

Post by Prof J » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:12 am

Here is an article about Standord Univ using CRISPR to fight Covid-19. CRISPR has a huge amount of potential in the biologic sciences, and the whiz kids that are furthering this type of engineering have my admiration.

Recently, end of 2019, CRISPR was use to seemingly, fully cure a sickle-cell anemia patient. A first.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/ ... t-covid-19
0 x

\

simpsonkenneth
Bike(s): Z125

Post by simpsonkenneth » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:57 am

Keep safe everyone! Covid 19 is an enemy we cannot see.
1 x

tazaroo
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2012 HD Road King, 1973 Triumph Bonneville 750, 1969 Triumph TR6C Trophy 650

Post by tazaroo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 am

Well said swharton........well said!!
0 x

Prof J
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Prof J » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:21 am

We live just outside our small town, on a county road. Our local (CHI) Hx got its first C19 pts the first week of March, though there were a few R.N.s, as I have gleaned from conversations with them, that they thought they had Covid in Feb, though it was kept under the carpet by them.

This county has a population of about 111K folks, Douglas County, OR, and our town, which is the county head, about 23K. The inflow of C19 pts, once past mid-April, has been very slow, my guess because we are well away from any city, and few folks commute to Eugene, about 80 miles away.

The County Commissioners have pushed against the Governors moves to wear masks throughout the state, as well as having the local Sheriff only advise and instruct citizens on 'safety measures'. This town has a good number of folks, in public locations, stores, not wearing masks, or at least, who use to not wear masks, and would verbally 'fight' against it. That is much more rare now, largely because the larger companies, Home Depot, Lowes, etc, are doing a 'better' job and 'enforcing' the mask mandate. I am making fun of the word 'enforcing', as those companies have done a terrible job locally with those 'proscribing' measures, advising those 'decisions' will be left up to the 'market', my rephrasing of discussions with the state, regional and local managers of their Covid policies.

Six weeks, maybe longer ago, a few nurses were exposed from a Hx staff member, who got into the Hx without being 'detected' as having been exposed to Covid out in the community. As those weeks progressed, those nurses/staff would disappear from the floors, and it was a guess why they were no longer on schedule. After their return, or from conversation during their being out, it was affirmed they had been exposed and or ill. One said they were pretty ill, but not much of a description. I think they are very wary to speak about it.

For the nurses who have been 'out', and had Covid, the Hx has tried to say to some (all?) of them, or tell them, that they got C19 from the 'community', despite the facts that the R.N.s had documented they had been exposed, directly or inadvertently, or otherwise, at the Hx. In a few of those cases, after the R.N. fought back, the Hx positioned that the nurse was exposed at the Hx, and paid for the time off for the R.N. to recuperate. Otherwise the 'time off' would come out of the R.N.s 'time off', i.e. their vacation time. Locally, vacation time must be used prior to 'sick leave', unless you obtain the 'exception', as I understand.

A nurse who had Covid in Feb, advised it was the worst they have ever felt in their life. Others exposed say they had no symptoms. The Hx is not 'releasing' any information to the staff, in general, about the 'stats' for exposure/infected/actually ill with Covid.

Within the last month, or so, we are experiencing our first county/town 'outbreak', as the county is calling it. I think comparatively, to big cities, it is still very 'low'. One of the first several Pts to pass from C19 recently, were a local pastor, and three days later his wife. He came into the Hx and died within some short hours after being admitted. Since then C19 intakes into our single Hx have been slowly and steadily rising over the last month, to a point now that the Hx is changing and re-organizing its Covid bed capacity. I have not personally seen any C19 Pt, though I do get descriptions from a few R.N. friends. The descriptions are very distressing. When I use to be 'on staff' at some Hx's in Calif and I would see some Pts during rounds, but these C19 current descriptions have a mental image and symptom description very much more alarming.

ICU has 16 beds, PCU (step-down) has about 16, as well. Med-Surg currently is about 53 beds. The Med-Surg (unofficially to date) appears to be re-organizing a portion of its' floor, taking a few rooms, and clearing out a few large storage rooms for two beds per converted room, partitioning off that portion of the floor, seemingly/perhaps heading to negative pressure double doors. None of this is 'official', however the construction was ongoing last week, and 'word' that it may be competed today or tomorrow. Staff have yet to be informed. Staffing may become 'dedicated' R.N.s/aids to this floor redesignation for C19 patients.

Incorporated into the Hx is an 'outpatient' surgery department. There is 'word' that this outpatient surgery center may close it operations in full, if needed, and become a Covid Pt 'floor'. There is a Veterans Hx in town. The Vet Hx may take some non-Covid overflow. Last year the Vet Hx closed down its E.R. dept. This local Vet Hx had, or has the country's top negative award, as having the most addicted Vets to narcotics in the U.S., or one of the top Vet Hxs' with such a reputation. The director was fired from here, and was then assigned as a Vet Hx director out in the east, I can't recall the state or city. So, we have a newer director, and the Vet's Hx is continually advertising for professional staff, and apparently unable to fill its limited positions - this during the entire 4 years + since we have been here.

The CHI Hx, as many, are very short on PPE. N95's are only provided to R.N.s who have 'confirmed' C19. I don't know if the four-day lag, from a Pt being Covid tested, to get the results remains. I'm hoping they are using PCR testing, but I don't know. I had a recent C19 test, and it took about 4 days for the non-results - if you don't hear from us, you are OK. I believe the PCR testing is the most reliable, maybe the most expensive. As a side note, PCR testing, for criminal use, was first used in the mid-80's, for the Narborough murders, in England. That's an interesting book to read, The Blooding.

The story is about the murder of several girls in a country town area, which had a few small towns/villages, if that's the right word... in the surrounding area. A few years after the murders someone heard about PCR testing and got the local Magistrate to order all males be tested in the surrounding communities. It is the story of that hunt, and the final apprehension of the murderer.

One thing I am hopeful about is the 'option' R.N.s'/aids, etc., to refuse or decline a Pt assignment, based upon 'safety' issues posed by the particulars of the Pt needs and or overall 'safety' of a 'caseload'. Younger medical staff, less experienced, may be less assertive about these types of care 'issues'.

I'm hoping to hear back from the County Commissioners on whether their 'position' on C19 safety measures has changed from that of their late summer statements. As any community would expect, there are strong supporters of community/public adoption of mask/distancing/gathering safety measures, and community members feeling those measures are un-necessary.
simpsonkenneth wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:57 am
Keep safe everyone! Covid 19 is an enemy we cannot see.
simpsonkenneth, perfectly said, stay safe.
0 x

\

Prof J
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Prof J » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:57 am

A new note. The Hx and 'union' signed a Letter of Understanding in the spring, about protecting medical staff who are/have critical, or have high risk issues, such as being over 60, pre-existing conditions, pregnancy, and a few others, as well as those staff needing to take care of an in-home, medically compromised, high risk family member. In the spring pregnant RN's were allowed the exemption and given non Covid patients.

The Letter of Understanding was formed and signed in the spring, and had a life of several months, expiring in the summer. Unless a new agreement exists "somewhere", as of Wednesday afternoon the Hx is no longer apparently allowing 'exemptions'. That may be part of the reason some RN's have just up and quit at this place, and continue to do so. In early March, a good handful of the most experienced RN up and left when Covid came to the Hx, and they were explicit on why they left. Where's the PPE and Hx backing us for for 'our' safety?
0 x

\

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik