Any gun owners here?

No politics or religion please! Everything else is fair game.
Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Re: Any gun owners here?

Post by Snakes709 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm

windjammer47 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 pm
Snakes709 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:29 am
Anyone else into shooting? After 11 years in the army and being on temp disability I got nothing but time to send rounds down range. I do all target shooting, mostly precision but also do some tactical shooting with my buddies from the army. Few pictures of mine and the wifes guns
Nice. I just got off of TDRL myself. I've been thinking about getting into precision shooting but I'm stranded in California till my wife gets her PCS orders to Ft.Bragg/Pope AFB here in the next five months. Most of the rifle ranges have closed down so my kids and I have reserved to collecting/shooting handguns for the time being. Here's what I last took out to my local pistol range:
Very nice collection. I might be in the same boat. Moving back home to Halifax, NS. And there isnt many, if any, long ranges. Think the longest is 300m and is private invite only. Exploring the option of buying some land and jumping through the legal hoops of being able to build my own range. My AR-15 is zeroed for 300m, so not much of a challenge there if i was able to get access to that range
1 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
208whp 96tq

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:57 am

Be careful in regards to this subject when posting on the
“Inter web “ , u never know who’s monitoring this site🤔
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:50 am

Drnick wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:57 am
Be careful in regards to this subject when posting on the
“Inter web “ , u never know who’s monitoring this site🤔
Nick, as long as it is currently 'legal' speech and information sharing about legal behaviors and legal pieces, it should all be good (for now).

I think I'm picking up a 'future', implied warning by you perhaps, of what we share today may not be legal in the future. Or maybe you were warning some kooks on this site in real time? :)

"u never know who’s monitoring this site" ( or will be in the future, and for what cause, or under what authority).
0 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Prof J » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:19 am

Yes, I am a gun owner. Enjoy plinking, been a while. When contracted with the DoD, imbedded with the Marines, keeping current was reasonable and needed at some sites. Great group of people to work with.
1 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Prof J » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:42 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm
windjammer47 wrote:
Snakes709 wrote:
Anyone else into shooting? After 11 years in the army and being on temp disability I got nothing but time to send rounds down range. I do all target shooting, mostly precision but also do some tactical shooting with my buddies from the army. Few pictures of mine and the wifes guns
Nice. I just got off of TDRL myself. I've been thinking about getting into precision shooting but I'm stranded in California till my wife gets her PCS orders to Ft.Bragg/Pope AFB here in the next five months. Most of the rifle ranges have closed down so my kids and I have reserved to collecting/shooting handguns for the time being. Here's what I last took out to my local pistol range:
Very nice collection. I might be in the same boat. Moving back home to Halifax, NS. And there isnt many, if any, long ranges. Think the longest is 300m and is private invite only. Exploring the option of buying some land and jumping through the legal hoops of being able to build my own range. My AR-15 is zeroed for 300m, so not much of a challenge there if i was able to get access to that range
At Pendleton, after the fires '14 fires, a small group of the Marine sniper school instructors would use the Pala range, which had a range at about 870 yds. A lot of fun hanging out with the sniper school guys on base, and at Pala, as well.

Distance wise, nothing like that nearby here in Oregon where we live, for any 'official' range, though there is plenty of 'space' about. It's legal to shoot on your own property where we're at. In the late summer a few local folks can be heard thinning out the older, but still young 3-6 yr old, male deer over a month or so. As the deer are so use to people as they wander about, and befriend our few fruit trees and once in a while in the garden... does not take any effort for those few folks to do the thinning.
Last edited by Prof J on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Prof J » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Snakes709 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:17 pm
windjammer47 wrote:
Snakes709 wrote:
At Pendleton, after the fires '14 fires, a small group of the Marine sniper school instructors would use the Pala range, which had a range at about 870 yds. A lot of fun hanging out with the sniper school guys on base, and at Pala, as well.

Distance wise, nothing like that nearby here in Oregon where we live, for any 'official' range, though there is plenty of 'space' about. It's legal to shoot on your own property where we're at. In the late summer a few local folks can be heard thinning out the older, but still young 3-6 yr old, male deer over a month or so. As the deer are so use to people, as they wander about, and befriend our few fruit trees, and once in a while the garden... does not take any effort for those few folks to do the thinning.
0 x

Vex
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:05 pm

2HYPR wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:33 pm
...so whatever you do don't let the liberals take over!
I'm a liberal and I have zero problems with guns. :) We aren't all anti-gun.

I should get back into archery. I have a few friends that are amazing at it, but they mostly switched to firearms at this point. There is something very satisfying about a bow, though.

Currently I only own a Walther PPK/S. I have been eyeballing a Canik, lately; I'd really like to try one out. They update their models pretty frequently based on customer input.
2 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik