The car hobby and Triumph Rocket 3R

Non-H2 SX motorcycle discussion.
LIEU910
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

The car hobby and Triumph Rocket 3R

Post by LIEU910 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:03 pm

IMG_1156.jpg
Not sure if anyone here is also into cars, but thought I would weigh in on my thoughts.

I have owned dozens of muscle cars, sports cars etc. Got out of the hobby for several years, and recently bought a 2019 Bullitt on the basis that I've always liked the Bullitt, and V8's are going away eventually. I bought it with 10,900 miles on it, and almost a year later it has only 11,000 miles. Owning this car has reminded me why I got out of this hobby. Number 1, is all the anxiety of rock chips, door dings, and people in general that don't think twice about damaging someone's car for kicks.

Number, 2 is that the cars & coffee thing or cruise nights are pretty boring. I enjoy it until I have seen everything, and then I'm ready to go. Number 3, is cost. A lot more money than even a high end bike, and big temptations to supercharge, or otherwise blow huge money on modifications. Number 4 room, it takes up a lot more garage space.

So, I am considering getting out for good, or at least until my motorcycle days are over (I'm 55 so who knows, maybe another 10 years).

Which leads me to the Triumph Rocket 3R. I test rode one today, and it was a blast. A muscle bike to replace a muscle car? That would give me a muscle bike, the H2SXSE, and my R1250RT, and relieve me of a $600 per mo car payment making retirement more of a reality.

Thoughts? Anyone been down this road with cars/bikes?
Attachments
IMG_1154.jpg
IMG_1054.jpg
1 x

stanger1
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2021 H2 SX SE, 2022 Indian FTR Carbon

Re: The car hobby and Triumph Rocket 3R

Post by stanger1 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:04 pm

Wow,
This would have my name all over it as it sounds so similar. I got my second 22 Rocket 3R about 2 months ago. I had one earlier in the year, but it had some electrical issues and had traded back for my 21 H2 SXSE.
Now back and staying with the Rocket 3R, but I too have just sold my 2017 Roush RS3. Grabber Blue, and this is Roush factory Super Charged and modded to 727 HP. Loved that Car, but with two bikes, I ride way more than I drive the Roush. So I did sell it as the prices are just crazy. Had the Car 4 years and sold it for the same price I bought it for.
Think I only put 4,000 miles in the 4 years I had it.
I too was always worried about the dings, rock chips, someone wreaking into it.
I have a lot less stress now without the Roush, but it was very fast and looked amazing.
Attachments
roush 2017.jpg
1 x

wyso
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE Z9000rs ThruxtonRS

Post by wyso » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:33 am

I have a friend who never drives his cars for the same reasons. Then he sells them. I told him he needs to get better cars.'
Cars that you would rather drive than wax.
I drive mine, never worried about a few stone chips, has no effect on value.
I have 2600 miles on the latest one, had it 3 months.

Cars and coffee are good places to get a c0ffee and go driving.
Never understood sitting around looking at cars??
How can you be a car enthusiast and not drive the car?
0 x

Vex
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 am

Same reason why I don't give a shit about the chips all over my bike. I fuckin' ride it, not polish it.
2 x

2018 H2 SX SE
Brock's Penta Exhaust
Block Off Plates
DNA Filter
Stage 2 SC
Tuned by 2WDW
Dyno: 255rwhp (detuned)

wyso
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE Z9000rs ThruxtonRS

Post by wyso » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:28 am

exactly.
Cars are the same way.
2 x

yyczed
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by yyczed » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:34 pm

I've been into cars since building up a Fox body LX 5.0 in the early 90s, but looking back all my sporty cars were a waste of money because they never gave 1/10 the buzz of riding just about any bike. Nowadays I have a VW GTI chipped to 250hp and that's about as much as I need for cage fun. Our riding season is short here but I still put more miles on my bike yearly than the car.

edit: Having said all that, both those Mustangs above are glorious!
0 x

XcelleraThor
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): '22 H2 SX SE

Post by XcelleraThor » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:54 pm

Vex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 am
Same reason why I don't give a shit about the chips all over my bike. I fuckin' ride it, not polish it.
My attitude, but the chips are called Patina, Vex :-)

I'm not a car person, but those "Mustangs" really look brutally great. Wowee!

Would their frame and suspension and everything hold out at "unlimited" speed on the Autobahn? US highway at legal speed is "Kindergarten" and they would never have a chance to reach any limits.
0 x

CB250N (long gone) --- XJ600 (unforgotten) --- CBR600F4 (honorably discharged) --- '18 H2SXSE (GatewayDrug) --- '22 H2SXSE (NewQueen)

yyczed
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by yyczed » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:06 pm

XcelleraThor wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:54 pm
Vex wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 am
My attitude, but the chips are called Patina, Vex :-)

I'm not a car person, but those "Mustangs" really look brutally great. Wowee!

Would their frame and suspension and everything hold out at "unlimited" speed on the Autobahn? US highway at legal speed is "Kindergarten" and they would never have a chance to reach any limits.
Mustangs today are as serious as any Euro sporty cars. We're long past stick axles and bendy 1980s unibodies. Both the ones pictured can challenge the likes of BMW M3 on a track, and they'll do 160- 170mph all day long.
0 x

stanger1
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2021 H2 SX SE, 2022 Indian FTR Carbon

Post by stanger1 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:24 pm

Cars and Bikes are both very important to me and trying to do both is hard.
I had been into the Mustangs for several years, working my way up. Mustang GT's, some early Roush Cars, then a 2013 Shelby GT500 and the last one as in the picture up towards the top, a 2017 Roush RS3. But,
The bikes are probably more important to me and with the market as it is, I sold the Car and got another bike, which is a whole hell of a lot less expensive. Plus I figure, I keep riding the bikes while I can and maybe switch back to the Cars when I can't physically ride anymore.
I am 61, so I know I have limited time.
When I did have the Cars, I was always wanting to ride and not drive. So, the nice Cars would just sit unless there was a Car Show or a Cruise in going on.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik